Diary Dear

Diary Dear ch1 the golden Diary

Alyssa 'lynx' Moore
age:four
grade:Kindergarten
date:April 27, 2000

Diary Dear,
Today's been wonderful! I've seen the most wonderful things in the zoo. A zoo is where animals go when they are forgotten. Daddy said that there were big animals and teeny, tiny animals, like a Lynx. Lynxes are my favorite animal in the world. Daddy gave this to me today to write my special thoughts in here. I put a promise on the cover that I will write in this everyday.

Your best friend ever,
Alyssa
Alyssa put her diary down.”Alyssa, Daddy and I wants to talk to you.”Her mom asked her.”Alright! Manny will help me down the stairs. Right, Manny?”Alyssa asked her.”Of course, Dear.”The old, but humble woman told her. Manny was one the servants that worked in the house, but Alyssa liked her the best. After crossing the steep stairwells that lead to the dining hall, Alyssa sat down.
”Alyssa, this is very important to listen to Mommy and daddy right now...”she paused. Before she could start again, she fell from her chair.”Mommy?”Alyssa asked her.”quick Jacob, get me the hospital!”Manny told him. Alyssa could not understand what was happening.”Manny, whats happening to Mommy?”She asked her, scared. Manny looked uneasy to Alyssa.”Manny, I think it's time we told her.”Jacob told her.”Alyssa, Mommy have been very sick from a couple months. She wanted to give you this.”She paused to give Alyssa the gift.”I cant read this.”Alyssa said to Manny.”You will know it soon, my dear. Now pack your stuff and come with me.”She told her. She packed her doll, Ana, her books, her clothes, and her most important thing in her little hands, her red and gold diary with gold trimmings that Day has given her today.
”Come along dear.”Manny said. Alyssa had so many questions to ask her in her own mind. ”Where are we going Manny?” she asked her.”To New York City in America.” she told her.”Where is this America?”Alyssa wanted to know.”You'll see, Alyssa, you'll see.”Manny told her, crying.”Manny?”Alyssa asked her. She never speak of her name, only a Dear and a Sweetheart, but never her real name and she never cried in front of dear Alyssa before.”yes dear?”Manny asked her.”You never said my name before. Does this mean I'll never see Mommy and Daddy ever again? Why are you crying?”Alyssa asked her.Manny stood in place.”dear, you will see Mommy and daddy again, I promise you.”Manny replied.”Are they going to be like Joe? Are they going to run away from you?”Alyssa asked her.Manny was worried about this. Alyssa's parents never told her about death, even though she was a skilled learner in psychology and philosophy, her teachers never explained death to her, only worried about her mental health.”Dear...”She paused. She thinks that she is not ready to hurt poor Alyssa's feelings about her parents. Why do I have to tell her about this?, she though to herself, She might be scared for life. She looks so innocent and acts like one too, she knows that she has everything that any girl would want, A chance to be a princess, but she just want a normal life, she doesn't want to rule Galapagos. Manny took a deep breath.”Dear, about Joe and Mommy and Daddy, Joe didn't run away from me and nether Mommy and Daddy.”she told her before she was interrupted by a call.”Yes? Oh...I'll tell Princess Alyssa the news, thank you.”she told someone, then hung up.”Mommy, Daddy, and Joe...they went...went up there.”She told her, pointing up to the clouds. Alyssa looked confused.”Why are you pointing up there, Manny?”she asked her.”Do you remember studying about Heaven and Hell? Well...”just then, a hard thud sound the vacant hall.”Manny, what was that?”Alyssa asked her. Manny looked in horror. That was the king of Galapagos, thats Alyssa's father. He...he killed himself. “daddy, wake up.”Alyssa said, playfully shaking him.”Daddy.”Alyssa said again. A few minutes later,”Daddy? Daddy, whats wrong with you? Why do you have a hole by your head? And bleeding to much? I'm going to check the medical books.”Alyssa told him. Alyssa looked in the medical books about holes in heads.”A slight chance of recovery. A big chance is suicide...I'll get a dictionary for that word.”Alyssa said. After a while, Alyssa finds a dictionary.”Suicide, the act of termination of one self often blamed by it's own features. Termination means destroyed...”then out of the blue, Alyssa screamed out a high pitched scream. Manny just stood there.”Manny, Daddy destroyed himself.”Alyssa yelled, crying. Manny was worried. She never seen Alyssa cry or screamed.”Mommy destroyed herself too, I saw that she was taking really big pills ten at a time everyday for a week and Joe destroyed himself because he took a really big needle and poked it in him.”she said, continuing to cry.”Alyssa, Mommy was very sick and she knew she would be destroyed by her own body in a matter of hours.”Manny told her,”Death is a natural thing.”Alyssa shook her head.”I...I want...”she spoke in deep, raspy breaths.Manny was really worried now. She never wanted anything unless she needed it.
”Manny, I want to destroy myself!”
Alyssa told her.”Alyssa!”Manny looked stunned and scared. Alyssa ran upstairs to find the silver pistol with only one shot remaining.”Manny, I want to forget everything I have!”she yelled, throwing her stuff to the door, the Diary flying across the air. Alyssa clicked the gun and held it against her heart. The Diary went in to her hands, turning on the page where she wrote her poem and her promise. She gasped. Alyssa dropped the gun, which caused it to miss fire at Jacob."Jacob!"Manny yelled. Jacob looked too late and it shot through his heart. Alyssa looked in horror as Jacob slowly dies in front of dear Alyssa."Jacob!"Alyssa yelled for him. She knows what Mommy, daddy, Joe, and Jacob were, she didn't need Manny to tell her. They were dead. They went to Heaven, with the angels and the orphan babies who didn't have enough strength to be with another couple. They were orphans, like Alyssa. Like me, Alyssa though. Manny looked scared."Alyssa, it'll be okay. You didn't mean to hurt Jacob. All of this was an accident."she said to Alyssa."Manny, do you bear a child in your blood?"Alyssa asked suddenly."Yes sweetheart, a young boy name Jeremiah, same age as you are. Why?"Manny asked, surprised that Alyssa asked her that."Manny, can your only son marry me?"Alyssa asked her."for real?"Manny looked at Alyssa."Why?"She asked again."Manny, if I marry Jeremiah, then the kingdom will be yours and his, and I'll be safe in New York."Alyssa replied."Then....
♠ ♠ ♠
aw, a cutoff. Will Manny let Alyssa marry her only son, Jeremiah, and to protect the kingdom of Galapagos? Find out next time on ch2