Status: Complete

My House is NOT Haunted

Attached

Whitney’s P.O.V

I’ll never know how I possibly slept that night, but when I woke up, Taylor’s arm was wrapped around my waist. Oh, this ought to be good.

I rolled my eyes. Did I really hear him right? “Love… Whitney…” Please, let there be an “I don’t” that I didn’t hear.

Suddenly, he shifted beside me, and I felt my arm almost rip out of its socket.

“OW! What’d you do that for?”

Taylor just glared at me, rubbing his own shoulder again. “You want to explain to me why you clinging to me like a koala?” he snapped.

“ME? You were the one squeezing me like a teddy bear!”

“Why would I do that? You know what, you’re so full of-”

At that moment, Aiden stormed in, cutting him off. We’d obviously woken him up, since his hair was completely messed up, and he wasn’t wearing anything but his boxers. Jeez, you’d think these guys would think to put pajamas on with me here.

“Oh, god. What now?” he demanded sleepily.

Before I could say something, Taylor clamped a hand over my mouth and said, “She was trying to do something inappropriate to me!”

Needing to defend myself, I bit his finger. He pulled back sharply, cussing like a sailor, while I yelled over him, “No I didn’t! I woke up to him hugging me like a stuffed animal!”

Aiden rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. “Why can’t you two get along?”

“She started it!”

“I didn’t do anything! You were hugging me!”

“You know, you must think a lot of yourself to think that I would-”

“ENOUGH, YOU TWO!” Aiden shouted over our bickering. We turned, to see that he was red-faced, and balling his fists at his sides. “Now, I don’t know why you two are fighting, but-”

“He said he loved me in his sleep!”

Now, it was my turn to be stared at. Taylor went pale, while Aiden just looked confused.

“What?” they asked simultaneously.

I snickered. “Yeah, Tator-tot-”

“Stop calling me that!”

“-was keeping me up, and I was about to fall asleep when he said he loved me!”

Aiden laughed, though I didn’t know why. Taylor still looked like he’d seen a ghost.

“Oh!” Aiden pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, and unfolded it. I looked at him strangely, and he said, “The guys have been keeping a pool of how long you two will last before you either kill each other, or… ya know.”

Taylor grimaced, while my mouth just hung open. Well, this day just gets better and better.

“You made a bet on when Taylor and I would…” I trailed off, not really wanting to finish that sentence. Taylor now looked like he was about to pass out.

“Well, Jack started it. And if you two do it in… three days, I win!” Aiden said excitedly.

I stood up, and was about to pound his face in when Taylor yanked me back down. “Aiden, can you please leave?”

He shrugged, and winked at me suggestively before he left. I shuddered, and rubbed my shoulder. I swear, if we keep this up, it’ll be dislocated.

So, now I was alone. With Taylor, of course. I couldn’t go anywhere without him. I sighed and turned to him, only to see him looking at me… strangely. It was weird, not seeing glaring at me, or smirking, or being so mad he was red in the face. I could’ve sworn he was… blushing.

“…Whitney, look I-“

He was cut off when Jack and Mitch walked into the room, along with a girl, about my age. Mitch gave Jack some signal, and he walked over to Taylor and I. Before I knew what was going on, Jack had unlocked the handcuffs, and taken them off our wrists. I stared up at Mitch, wondering what the hell was going on.

Seeing my expression, Mitch chuckled. “If you two can treat your new roommate well for the next week, you’ll be free of those completely. But, if Aiden has to come to me again… Anyway, this is your new roommate, Brooklyn.” He gestured to the girl behind him.

She was pretty, I guess, but way more of a plain Jane girl than me. She had tanned skin, light brown curly hair, big green eyes, and a few freckles across her nose. All-in-all, someone who wouldn’t stick out in a crowd. When she saw me, she scowled. I knew I wasn’t going to like her.

“I’m Whitney, and I suggest you don’t talk to me,” I seethed.

Taylor elbowed me, most likely because he didn’t want to be attached to me again. “Taylor. Don’t mind her, I think she’s just PMSing.”

I glared at him. I’d let him have it when Mitch wasn’t here.

Brooklyn smirked. “Well, that’s just too bad, isn’t it?”

I blinked in surprise. She had a southern accent. Mitch chuckled. “Ironic, three different accents in one room. Well, I’ll let you get settled.”

Once they were gone, I let out a breath I never knew I’d been holding. “Alright, listen, southern belle,” I spat, “I don’t know what your problem is, but I’d advise you to get over it.

She just rolled her eyes. “Whatever.

I opened my mouth to say something else, but Taylor clamped a hand over my moth again. “Whitney, that’s enough.”

Brooklyn didn’t seem to get the hint, though. “What? Is New York afraid of Georgia?”

I didn’t think it was even possible, but I glared at her harder. People have teased my about my New York accent, being in California and all. But from her, I couldn’t stand it. Ha. I just realized how ironic that was. I was from Brooklyn, and… never mind.

-----

Kelly’s P.O.V

You know the feeling you get when you think you’re being watched? Trust me, it’s not pleasant.

Jason and I were walking downtown one night, about two or three days later. We had just eaten dinner, and I had to pick up something for my mom at the drugstore.

When we were outside it, Jason turned to me and said, “I’ll go get it. You wait here, ok?”

I nodded. “Sure. Just hurry up, please. It’s cold out here!”

He chuckled and went inside. As soon as he was out of earshot, someone came up behind me, and hit me hard on the back of the head.

The last thing I heard before I blacked out was, “Whitney’s going to love this.”