Status: Complete

My House is NOT Haunted

Freak Show

Surprisingly, Brandon asked me out again for that Sunday. I was extremely tempted to say, ‘Get the hell away from me and leave me alone’, but my politeness got the better of me, and said yes. I’m insane.

However, I’m not so insane that I was going to go somewhere alone with him just yet. So, I invited Whitney and Jason to double. Not a conversation I’d like to repeat, but, here it is anyway.

Me: Hey, guys, can you… can you guys double with me and Brandon?

Jason: (choking on his cookie) WHAT?

Whitney: (looking suspicious) Why?

Me: Um… because I’d rather not go alone, if that’s ok. And I’d like both of you there.

Jason: (coughing) W-why would you g-go out with him a-again?

Whitney: (silent)

Me: Well… I didn’t have the heart to tell him no… He wouldn’t stop apologizing for what happened yesterday, either. And, well, one thing led to another, and-

Whitney: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute here. You still want to go out with him?!

Me: (blushing furiously) Well, yeah. I think… I think I really like him. I mean, I know he was mean to me, but he said that always happens at parties, and-

Jason: (glaring) So, even after this guy treated you so terribly, you still like him? Kelly, haven’t you ever thought about how much danger you could be in hanging around him?

Me: Of course I have-

Jason: Then why would you continue to like him?

Me: Well, other than that he’s been really sweet-

Jason: (laughs humorlessly) Sweet? He’s a suspected murderer!

Whitney: (eyes widen) He’s a what?

Jason: (laughs again) Yeah! He killed my last girlfriend, and now he wants to kill Kelly!

Me: He wouldn’t kill anybody!

Jason: Sure. The only reason he’s not in jail is because his dad bailed him out.

Me: (really mad now) Why are you so against me seeing him, anyway? WHY DO YOU CARE?

Jason: (stalks from the room)

Me: What was that about?

Whitney: Kelly. Look, I have to agree with Jason on this one. That’s crazy!

Me: (sighing) Look, one more date. If he tries anything on me, I’ll drop him like a hot potato. Ok?

Whitney: (sighing, also) I’ll go talk to Jason. (leaves)

Me: (eyes plate of cookies) Oh, cookies!

What? I like cookies! And they were chocolate chip, too!

Jason’s P.O.V

I stomped out of the kitchen, furious at Kelly. I mean, how could she even think about going out with… Brandon? She knew how I felt about him! How I felt about her! Can you blame me?

I stalked into my room, and threw myself on the bed. I grabbed my iPod and cranked it up as high as it would go. I didn’t notice Whitney was there until she yanked the headphones out of my ears.

“Jason, snap out of it!” she spat at me. Wow. Whitney had never been this bossy before.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my pillow to cover my face. Naturally, she yanked it away and smacked me with it. “Ow!”

“Jason, we have to do something!” she wailed.

I just ignored her and stared at the ceiling. The next thing I knew, she was on top of me, straddling my waist, pinning my wrists to my bed, her face inches from mine. I really couldn’t talk, even though I had half a mind to say ‘get off me you b*tch!’. But, for some reason, I didn’t.

Whitney stared at me for a moment, then murmured, “Well, now that I have your attention…” She chuckled, and I couldn’t help but blush. She lifted her head slightly, making it so I could at least breathe. “Kelly… Kelly’s never done anything like this, Jason. I’m worried. She’s deadest on going out with Brandon tomorrow, and I know for a fact that she’ll be in more danger alone than if we go with her. I also know that you’re against this whole thing, but… We need to protect her.”

I just stared at her. Never, ever, had she even acted like she cared in the slightest about Kelly, and now she sounded like she was going to cry.

Then three things happened at once. No, it wasn’t in slow motion, like in the movies. It was more that I was actually paying attention to what was going on.

First, I opened my mouth slightly to respond to her comment. I honestly couldn’t remember what I was going to say, though.

Second, Whitney lifted her hand to wipe her eyes. She had started crying, and tears were running down her cheeks. Apparently she didn’t have good balance, and fell forward, onto me, her mouth connecting to mine.

Third, and most importantly, before Whitney could recover herself, the door opened, and Kelly screeched, “What is going on?”

Whitney pushed herself up, and turned to her sister. “Kelly,” she pleaded, “It… It’s not what it looks like?” It sounded more like a question than a statement.

I sat up, seeing as how Whitney was now off of me, and my eyes met Kelly’s. I’d never seen her looking so… hurt before. She ran from the room, and I heard the door slam in the next room.

Whitney sunk down onto the bed, and cradled her head in her hands. I walked out, and to the kitchen to get something to drink.

As I drained my glass of water, a thought came to my head that sort of made me want to heave.

Kelly thinks I like Whitney.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys! I forgot a chapter, so I'm doing some editing.