Status: Hiatus as of August 2009 :(

Middle Of The Summer

One

It was a relatively warm mid June day- Sunday, to be exact- in the park. Humidity hung thick in the air, begging for a breeze.

Izzie Samuels loved this kind of weather, so it wasn't uncommon to find her here, sitting under her favorite tree, cross-legged, reading her favorite book. Or at least that's what it looked like to everyone else. But Jon Walker wasn't everyone else.

Jon was positioned on a park bench directly across from Izzie's tree, also cross-legged, studying Izzie. He wasn't the type of person to just stare at somebody, but he was so intrigued by Izzie's concentration, amazed by her various facial expressions, and desperately wanted to know what was going through her mind.

This wasn't the first time Jon had seen Izzie. He had been at the park the previous day when he was jogging. But Jon Walker was never the jogging type.

Jon had been sitting in the same position, with his chin resting on his fist, for almost two hours relaying all of the different things that Izzie could be possibly thinking, but never found one to fit. And not once in those two hours had he mustered up enough courage to talk to her. Or maybe he just couldn't think of anything to say. But Jon Walker always had something to say.

Frustrated, Jon left the park.

Izzie set down her book and sighed as she watched Jon leave.
Izzie Samuels was never the unobservant type.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's extremely short, but they'll get longer.