Status: Hiatus as of August 2009 :(

Middle Of The Summer

Two

It Was Tuesday and by now Izzie had gotten used to Jon watching her.

Usually, she would have been skeptic about a random guy, whom she had never seen, staring at her for hours on end. Yet, for some reason, she thought Jon was different.

If she only knew how different Jon Walker was.

---

After two days of silence, Izzie figured Jon would never walk over to her tree and talk to her, but she couldn't help but to wonder if he really had nothing better to do.
She was just reading. Was it really that interesting?

"Maybe this guy has some sort of book fetish or something," Izzie's roommate said later that night.

"Kelsey, be serious. I don't even know why I asked you about this"

"Oh, come on Izzie. I was kidding. This just all sounds sketchy to me. There's a guy who has been watching you everyday for the past week and you're not the least bit creeped out?"

Izzie rolled her eyes. "You just don't understand. Maybe if you saw him, you'd get it. He just seems, I don't know, different from other guys."

Kelsey wasn't exactly buying this. "How do you know if he hasn't talked to you?"

"Come to the park with me tomorrow and see for yourself."

--

"Izzie, this is boring," Kelsey whined "He hasn't even showed up yet and we've been here forever."

Izzie checked her watch for the sixth time and sighed.

Her and Kelsey had been at the park for almost two hours and Jon was nowhere to be found.

This sort of disappointed Izzie. To be honest, she liked Jon being there and she felt odd without him in the park.

What she really wanted to do was stay until he showed up, but after seeing the discarded stack of magazines Kelsey had read, she decided it was time to leave.

"Yeah, I guess we can go," Izzie sighed, gathering her purse and book. "I'll go get the car."

Happy to finally be leaving, Kelsey attempted to pick up all eleven of her magazines at once while standing up. This, of course, only resulted in her dropping every single one.

She stood there for a few seconds, contemplating whether she should pick them up or simply leave them there in the park. But the magazines were Izzie's and Kelsey knew she would be mad.

As she bent down to pick up the assortment of magazines strewn around where she was standing, Kelsey was stopped by a boy already picking them up for her.

Under any other circumstances, this would have been the perfect way to meet a member of the preferred gender. Only there was one minor flaw: the boy.

If Kelsey had known the boy, she would have known that he was just being nice and helped people like this quite often. Of course, she didn't know him and mistook this kind gesture as a way to flirt with her.

But that boy only had one girl on his mind, and her name was Izzie Samuels.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you probably hate me for taking almost an entire month to post this, and I'm sorry.
I'm trying to finish writing the story so I won't have to worry about writer's block and whatnot,
but look where that led me.
Enough with the excuses.
I hope you like this so far.
Comment and/or subscribe and I'll be your best friend :]

And I'd also like to apologize for any typos. I really don't feel like reading over it.