Status: Hiatus as of August 2009 :(

Middle Of The Summer

Four

It had been three days since Kelsey ran into Jon in the park and he had yet to show up at Izzie and Kelsey's apartment.

It had been four days since Izzie had seen Jon. He'd been putting in extra hours at the studio and had been showing up at the park late. Having no knowledge of Jon Walker, of course Izzie didn't know he had anything important to do. And being a girl, she automatically assumed it was because of her that he wasn't showing up.

---

"I'm back," Izzie announced as she walked into the apartment. She made her way into the living room and saw her roommate sprawled across the couch. "Hey-"

"Shh!" Kelsey cut her off. "I'm watching this."

Izzie looked at the TV to see what was so important. "Oh my god, Kels," she laughed. "What possessed you to watch this?"

"What? Am I not allowed to watch '40 Sexiest Videos' on Country Music Television?"

"Kelsey, You don't even like country music."

"And your point is..?"

"Apparently I don't have one. You can watch CMT all you want."

---

Jon practically ran out of the Palms Hotel when he was finished in the studio. He was running late for the fourth day in a row and when he showed up at the park, he was disappointed for the fourth day in a row.

Izzie was nowhere to be found.

After ten minutes of hoping Izzie would magically show up, Jon left the park. And with nothing to do, he decided today was as good as any to return Kelsey's magazine.

"6a, 6b, 6c..." Jon muttered the number on each door he passed until he go to the address on the magazine cover. He stopped at apartment 6f and hesitated. All of a sudden, he was nervous. Which was odd because Jon Walker didn't just get nervous.

---
Izzie was brushing her teeth when there was a knock at the door.

"Kelsey, can you get that?" she asked from the opposite side of the apartment.

"I can't get up, they're down to the top ten!"

Izzie groaned in protest, but didn't bother arguing with Kelsey when she knew it would get her nowhere.

---

Jon waited patiently outside the apartment door. He could hear two muffled voices and for some reason, it was making his palms sweaty.

After a few minutes of waiting, Jon knocked again, but this time at a faster, more urgent rhythm. Then he heard feet softly padding across the room and a voice shout something along the lines on "One second!"

Jon's pulse quickened and his heart seemed as though it could burst out of his chest at any given moment. 'This was a bad idea,' he thought to himself. But just as he turned to walk away, the door opened.

"Sorry, I was brushing my teeth"

Jon turned around and his heart stopped.

Standing in the open doorway was Izzie Samuels.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took me so long to post this! I don't think I can stress that enough. I'm so, so, so, so sorry. I already have part of the next chapter written, but I'm not making any promises because look where that got me- not posting for over five months!

So anyway, comment if you're a new subscriber, or to tell me what you liked or didn't like.
And subscribe if you haven't already! :]

And again, I'm so sorry!