Status: Hiatus as of August 2009 :(

Middle Of The Summer

Five

Izzie opened the door to find a man turned in the opposite direction.

"Sorry, I was brushing my teeth"

This made him turn around.

Izzie's mouth dropped open. And by the looks of it, she wasn't the only surprised one.

Standing in front of her was the last person she ever expected to see at her door- Jon Walker.

"Oh, uh, wow. Hi?" Izzie was never one to lose her composure, yet there was something about Jon showing up at her door that seemed to fluster her.

"Yeah, um, I found this in the park," Jon held up the magazine "and i know this is lame, but I thought I'd be nice and return it."

Izzie was confused. She never read magazines at the park, much less simply leave things behind.

"I don't really remember bringing a magazine to the park," she replied skeptically.

Jon awkward scratched the back of his head before responding.

"You know, I probably just read the address wrong," But he knew he hadn't. He had read and re-read the address at least ten times in the past ten minutes. "You aren't the girl I ran into anyway. So, uh, yeah. Sorry" And within two seconds, he was already ten feet down the hall.

Two seconds was more than enough time for Izzie to piece things together.

"Wait!" she called, causing Jon to stop where he was and turn around. "Was the girl you saw carrying a big stack of magazines?"

Jon though for a moment, then nodded.

"Oh my god," Izzie laughed. "I can't believe it."

"I'm sorry, what?"

Izzie smiled at Jon.

"Do you want to come inside?"

--

Jon was dumbfounded. Ten minutes before, he was upset that he'd missed Izzie, and now he was standing in the hallway of her small apartment.

"I'll be right back. You can go ahead into the living room," Izzie pointed him in the right direction before heading back towards the bathroom.

Jon walked into the living room and saw Kelsey. He was taken back for a moment before he remembered she was the reason he was here in the first place.

Kelsey, on the other hand, wasn't surprised to see Jon at all. She was still enthralled with the video countdown when he walked into the room, so she waited until a commercial to speak.

"You can sit down if you want," she offered, sitting up as she spoke.

"Thanks," Jon mumbled. He sat down on the now empty couch cushion beside Kelsey and focused his attention on the tv.

Instead of turning back to the countdown, Kelsey studied Jon. Something about him was off, she thought.

Why wasn't he talking to her?
Didn't he like her?
Wasn't that why he was here?

Then it hit her.

"Oh my god," she muttered. "Oh my god," now louder.

Jon looked at her curiously. "What?"

"You're him," she told him wide-eyed. "I can't believe I didn't see it before."

"I'm the guy you met at the park?" He guessed.

"No, well- yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. Look at you," she pointed towards his body. "You're sitting on the edge of the couch all anxious-like. you're messing with the magazine in your hands, you aren't talking, you're nervous. You're him." she declared.

"Who? What are you talking about?" Jon was, needless to say, very confused.

"You're the guy from the park! Okay, actually, let me specify. You're Izzie's guy from the park."

Jon shouldn't have been shocked that Izzie knew he watched her. He had watched her for days. But nonetheless, he froze when he heard what Kelsey said.

She noticed this and laughed.

"Don't worry, she doesn't think you're a stalker or anything. As for me, there's still some convincing that needs to be done."

Jon had no idea how to respond to Kelsey. Thankfully, though, he could hear Izzie walking back down the hall. And seconds later, she was walking into the living room.

"How does coffee sound?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure this is one of the fastest updates I've ever done, haha.
Anyway, tell me what you liked or didn't like via comments.
And subscribe if you haven't already! :)