Status: Hiatus as of August 2009 :(

Middle Of The Summer

Six (and important author's note!)

Jon was more than willing to get out of Izzie's living room. So when she asked, he jumped at the chance to get coffee.

"Kels?" Izzie offered, being polite. Part of her was hoping Kelsey would decline, giving Izzie the chance to talk to Jon alone. But the other part of her wanted Kelsey to tag along to be her fall back.

"I think I'll pass this time," Kelsey answered. "You know, the countdown is still on and I should probably catch up on some reading." She held up the magazine Jon had recently laid on the coffee table for a brief moment.

Jon cringed, glad that she didn't show the cover. He didn't want to have to explain to Izzie why he was one of the four faces that happened to grace that particular issue. Not yet, anyway.

Izzie turned to Jon. "The coffee place I usually go to is just around the corner. We can go there unless there's somewhere else you'd rather go."

"Around the corner is fine," he replied softly.

---

Izzie had no idea what had come over her. Jon had simply come to her apartment to return something and she went and invited him to get coffee. Izzie Samuels was never one to be forward, much less one to ask complete strangers out for coffee. But there was just something about Jon Walker that made her thoughts go askew.

Jon was nervous, to say in the least. He had absolutely no clue as to what he was going to say to Izzie. He had only just found out that she knew about him watching her and for some reason, this made him feel guilty.

Their brief walk was done in silence. It wasn't awkward, but it was comfortable either; it was just silent. And when they arrived, Jon held the door for Izzie like the gentleman he is.

"Thank you," Izzie smiled warmly, shattering the previous silence and she gracefully walked through the now open doorway.

Before they had time to even look for an empty table, Izzie was greeted by an employee.

"Isabella, darling! I haven't seen you in ages!" a voice boomed from across the quiet coffee house.

Izzie laughed softly. "Anna, I was just in here the other day."

"Oh, I know. But I just love you so much that mere days seem like an eternity." the blonde had now made her way over to where Jon and Izzie were standing.

"You are so melodramatic."

"That's why you love me," she smiled. "Now are you going to stand there or are you going to give me a hug?"

Izzie chuckled once again before giving her a hug and that was when Anna noticed Jon. He was patiently standing beside Izzie with his hands buried in the pockets of his worn-out jeans.

"And who is this handsome man?"

"This is..." If Izzie wasn't already convinced she was insane, this proved it. She had been practically obsessing over Jon for five days and she didn't even know his name.

Thankfully, he quickly came to her rescue.

"I'm Jon Walker," he answered, shaking Anna's hand.

"And a gentleman, too. You better hold on to this one, Isabella."

A faint blush crept up Izzie's cheeks.

"You've got to stop calling me that," she groaned. "You know that everyone calls me Izzie."

"You should know by now that I'm not like everyone," Anna laughed. "Why don't you two go and find a seat. I'll bring you some coffee."

Izzie and Jon sat down at a small table by the window. Anna came over with their drinks less than a minute later.

"I'm sorry, Jon. I didn't even ask what you wanted. I brought you what Isabella usually orders. I hope that's alright," Anna apologized as she sat the drinks down in front of them.

"That's perfect," Jon answered with a sincere smile.

"Alright. I'll just leave you two alone now."

"Thank you, Anna," Izzie said, urging the lingering woman to leave faster.

With a quick wink, Anna left to tend to other customers.

"So..." Izzie spoke softly.

"So..." Jon mimicked.

Suffice to say, things were getting awkward fast. But really, what did they expect? To avoid having to speak, Izzie took a long sip of her coffee.

"So," Jon Walker was determined to make the conversation work. "Are you going to tell me what I'm about to drink, or is this going to be like a blind tasting?"

This earned a laugh from Izzie, melting the tension that had built up in her neck and shoulders.

"I like the sound of a blind tasting," she challenged.

Jon quirked an eyebrow and smirked before slowly lifting the cup to his lips. The skeptic look on his face quickly turned when the plain, black coffee registered with his taste buds.

"Mmm. Simple taste. I approve," Jon concluded, setting his cup back on the table.

Izzie laughed softly to herself as she added two packets of Sweet 'N Low to her drink. She looked up at Jon, only to find that he was smiling. And for the first time in the week since Jon had first seen Izzie, they locked eyes.

Her bright green eyes met his warm brown ones and in that moment, all was golden.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygod, an update. Finally.
I know, I know. I don't really have any excuses for the excessive lateness of this, but hey- at least it's out now, yeah?
(even though I didn't really like the way I wrote this chapter.)

And what about Ryan and Jon leaving Panic?!
Personally, it upsets me a great deal.
It's going to be weird writing this story now.

Oh, and for those of you who have been sending messages with questions, here are some long awaited answers:

-No, Cassie doesn't exist in this story. It would just make it more complicated to write.
-The time frame of the story is about a year before Pretty. Odd. came out. You know, before they had to completely scratch the cd and start over? So, summer of 2007.
-Yes, the other members will be in the story! It will happen eventually, don't worry :]
-And lastly, I'm sorry but I don't need any girlfriends for the other members. But if I change my mind, I'll be sure to alert you guys.

Alright, so I think that's it.
Comment telling me what you did or didn't like.
I'm all about constructive criticism :]

(and subscribe if you haven't already!)

Important author's note! (added August 14th)
So, some of you may have already read this, but i had to move it here due to the new story posting rule.

This is for all of you who haven't read my profile yet.

I'm really sorry, but this story is officially on hiatus.
This is mostly because I can't seem to write anymore than where I'm stuck in the middle of chapter seven, but there are other things that attributed to it also.
One of which being that interest in this story has gone down significantly from the first chapter until now. (Chapter one has had almost eighty readers and chapter six has twelve.)
I'm also not really getting that much feedback from it. There are, of course, the handful that always give feedback and I love you guys for that (:
But I just don't really find any point in continuing a story that hardly anyone is going to read.
I don't know how long this will be on hiatus, exactly, but if I don't get any response there's a big possibility that I won't be continuing this at all.
Again, I'm really sorry, but it's something that had to be done.
Feel free to comment on here, on my profile, or message me.

xo