Kiss My Bass

Chuck Bass

I stood there, caught off guard by what the small girl said. The mood in the room was completely awkward. What was I supposed to say? I just had horrible thoughts five minutes ago...about my sister! This had to be a dream. I'd wake up and be the regular Chuck Bass snuggled up to a random blonde I found at the club and it'd be all normal. Shit, my life was never normal to begin with.

She took a deep breath and her mouth opened slightly, but words formed seconds later, "Look, I'm not here for your love, Chuck. Or for things to go back to normal. I'm here because...I have no where else to go. I don't want to be stuck in foster care for the next three years. I want to stay with family. With you and Dad."

I bit my lip and looked down, "Sure, sure. You can...stay in my room. I'll just sleep on the couch until we get situated."

Serena looked surprised in my change of attitude and I'll admit, I was pretty shocked too. Normally, I would've told someone to go screw off, but this was my little sister. My former best friend. I couldn't just leave her out in the cold. Serena carried Emily's backpack and other bag behind us as she cleared her throat.

"Oh right," I took a deep breath, not sure how to say this. "Em, this is Serena...my - our stepsister."

She paled slightly, but it wasn't the biggest surprise ever, so she played it off coolly, "Great, I've always wanted a sister." She smiled.

"I'll be right next door if you need anything, okay?" She smiled and nodded at me gently before walking out of my bedroom.

"So, what happened?" I said after a moment, leaning against the doorway. "Why'd you decide to stay here?"

Emily bit her lip and looked down at her sneakers as if trying to build up the words, "Mom had a drinking problem after the split. One night she was having one of her drinking spells...and she didn't wake up. After the funeral, I lived on my own for about a year...until I go t busted. So I told them you guys lived here, and they dismissed me."

My face fell and my stomach twisted. Mom dead? That's not possible. "Oh my God, Em..." I walked over and sat down, wrapping my arms around her as she buried her head in my chest. I heard soft sobs come from her and I rubbed her back, "Shhhh..."

Serena was back in my doorway again, having that normal annoyed expression on her face. God, that look made me just want to wring her neck. "Chuck, someone's here to see you. A girl," She rolled her eyes and left.

"I'll be right back," I whispered and got up, walking into the living room. I couldn't believe I was about a turn a girl down for once in my life. What the hell's wrong with me?