Kiss My Bass

Emily Bass

I bit my lip as I looked myself over in the full length mirror of my makeshift room. I was currently living in an extra guest bedroom, but Chuck and Bart....I mean, Dad, were going to help me set it up later. The whole family was nice to me, even Lilly, which I didn't expect at all. She wasn't like Mom at all. She's a little...froo-froo, as we say it back home.

"You ready, Ems?" A blonde head of hair poked its way in my door.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec," I forced my anxious expression to turn to a smile as I sprayed on a bit of perfume and walked downstairs, where we took the cab to school. That was a relief. I was scared I'd show up to school in a limo or something, poking my head out of the sun roof like a complete dork. My luck.

The school didn't look like any school I'd ever seen. It was huge, almost castle-like. Serena laughed at my gaped expression and wrapped her arm around my shoulder, leading me to a group of girls sitting on the front steps. One of them was a petite brunette. She reminded me of a young Audrey Hepburn from her composure. This must be Blair, the girl Serena's been telling me about.

"Well, hello," Blair smiled up at me, in a 'friendly but I'll be glad to claw you to death if you dare step out of line' fashion.

"Hi," I said quietly, smiling gently at her.

"Blair, this is Emily..." Serena bit her lip and glanced at me with a worried expression, "Chuck's sister."

Blair cocked her head to the side a bit, studying me carefully with a shocked expression, "Chuck's...sister?" She raised an eyebrow and looked me from my hair to my toes.

I bit my lip and nodded, "Yeah..." I guess they used to have something going on, maybe that was bad. Or maybe it was good, who knows? Thankfully, the bell rang to send us to class and I turned the corner, bumping right into a firm chest. My schedule, forms, and maps scattered everywhere as I knelt to pick them up, "I'm so sorry." I sighed in frustration.

"It's alright. No harm done," I heard a voice croon. I looked up into a pair of icy blue eyes and I was suddenly breathless. He stared at me in wonder, too, then bit his perfectly shaped bottom lip, "You new here?"

I nodded, not knowing if I was able to even utter my own name let alone remember it, "Y-yes..."

"Well," He smiled, showing off his perfectly white teeth, "I'm Nate Archibald." He extended his hand to shake.

Suddenly, my eyes widened. This was Chuck's best friend, and I was just crushing on him! I gulped slightly and forced a weak smile, "Emily."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I'm leaving tomorrow morning until Saturday night, so I thought I'd leave you with a little present while I'm gone. :D Please comment!