My Last Chance

Rescue Me

She was speechless. She had heard versions of those words before that i had told her. She had believed me but i don't know if she will this time around. She stood starring at me with this shocked look on her. She smiled and grabbed my hands and pulled me inside. My feet squeaked under me since they were wet. We both giggled and she looked up at me. "OK. You have one more chance to prove how much you care for me. This is the last one and i promise you that."

I took in a deep breathe of relief as i hugged her and spun her around. Her hair flew in a small circle around us as we spun. I sat her back down on her feet and looked at her. My hair dangled down just a little passed my chin and she grabbed it and flipped it back on top of my head. "You wont have to worry about this being the last time because I'm not going to loose you again. We are going to be together forever. No matter what." I said holding her close to me. I felt her warmth seep off her clothes and onto mine. The rain outside was cold so it felt good.

She obviously didn't care that i was wet. She was just glad to have me back and with her again. I looked down at her and she began to cry again. "Baby, whats wrong?"

"All that sounds so good to me. I just cant believe its real."

"Its real alright." I said. I raised her chin with the side of my index finger and leaned in to make our lips connect. We stood like that for what seemed like an eternity. Her parents were out of town so we had nothing to worry about. And being an only child was something i envied of her. It was a Saturday like no other. Running threw the rain. Getting her back. Everything went perfect. The perfect day.

After we kissed, she sat down on her bed and i followed. I sat sideways to face her and she turned so her back faced me. She laid back on me and i held her hands in mine and we both closed our eyes. "Jeffery, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"You are the best thing thats ever happened to me, too. I love you Amanda."

"I love you, too."

She got up to fix her hair and i laid back. I had one hand behind my head and the other on my chest. She crawled over to where i was and put her head on my chest right above my heart. "I can hear your heartbeat."

"It beats only because i have you back." I said smiling at her and kissing her gently on the top of the head. I was getting her bed all wet but she obviously didn't care. I rolled over on my side and put my arms around her and she did the same. We just laid there starring at each other. It was peaceful and i felt so good with her in my arms. I never wanted to let go. She rescued me from everyday life. Everyday torment of the kids at school. They don't like me because I'm different. She doesn't care. And thats why shes special to me.

We fell asleep like that. I wish that everyday was like that. Just cuddling with the girl i love. Once we were out of high school we could do that. But it seems so far away. Lets make every minute count. Spend every moment we can together. She rescues me and i rescue her. From reality, we differ. As long as we are together.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)