The Beach House

Out Of My Life.

Image

“Sweet heart, would you mind taking Dy-Dylan here home?” came the slurred voice of my mother, nodding I took the past out Dylan from her lap and hoisted him up into my arms.

“Well, that’s not embarrassing.” I flushed referring to my drunken mother. Joe chuckled and rubbed Dylan’s head. “It’s fine really; I mean this was one mean party.”

I looked over at him quizzically, “I’m sorry where you at the same party I was, because karaoke and bobbing for apples, not my scene it’s a little to wild for me” Joe chuckled.

“How far away is your house?” he asked staring down the dirt path, “Not to far,” I replied shaking my head.

“Hey Joe?” I asked after a moment of silence, “What are you going to so after this?” Joe was silent for a moment; all that could be heard was the crunching of leaves beneath our feet.

“Go on tour, we’re heading over seas to the U.K.” I nodded and felt my heart speed up, “That’s fun.” I replied shortly, as soon as my house came into view I quickened my speed.

“I’m tired, and I have to go put Dyl here to bed.” I answered quickly before jogging up the steps to the rickety house.

Wiping a few tears from my eyes I laid Dylan in his bed, “Night little brother.” I whispered brushing the wet stains from my face.

“Jamie?” came a tired voice, “Dylan? I thought you were asleep, you made me carry you all the way here?” the room was dark and all I could see was Dylan turning over in his bed,

“Jamie, why where you crying?” sighing I walked over to the side of his bed and sat down. “It’s no big deal bud, just get some sleep okay?”

“Jamie, I’ve never really seen you cry before, what’s wrong?” I shook my head and brushed some stray hair from his tiny face,

“I’m not stupid Jamie, I know when you’re sad, just tell me” he whispered. Grabbing onto his hand tightly I smiled, “You know for a total dweeb you’re pretty okay.”

“And I was crying because the Jonas’s are leaving soon, that’s all.” Dylan nodded and yawned. “You’ll see Joe again you know.” I raised an eyebrow at him,

“Who said I wanted to see Joe?” Dylan giggled a bit and sat up in bed, “It’s obvious you know. Nick and Kevy talk about it all the time.”

“Nick and Kevin talk about me?” I asked confused. Dylan just ignored the question, “look Jamie, liking someone isn’t such a bad thing okay? Just have fun, because the next thing you know all that fun could be gone.”

I nodded and kissed his cheek, “get to bed little man.” I replied getting up off his bed and walking to the door,

“And since when have you become all ‘mature’ on me?” I asked leaning on the door frame,

“Jamie please, I’m eleven now, I’m practically an adult.” I snorted and closed his bedroom door, “night twerp.”

--

Walking back to my bedroom I could hear soft strumming, sighing lightly I walked past my bedroom and further down the hall.

“Whatcha doing?” I asked leaning on the door frame, Joe looked up startled but returned to tuning his guitar.

“Eh, trying to find the right key to this thing.” I smiled as his face scrunched up in horror, “here” I replied holding out my hand.

Joe gave me a confused look but handed the acoustic guitar over. I sat down next to him and took the guitar in my lap,

Picking the cords a bit I realized the problem, “There.” I replied handing his guitar back. “You play guitar?” Joe grinned, I nodded.

“I’ve played since I was four, I don’t play often or anything I just know how to fix them.” Joe nodded and a sudden smile beamed onto his face,

“Jamie!” he grinned jumping up from his place, “You can fix guitars!” I stared at him strangely and nodded. “Yes Joe, I can fix guitars” I nodded slowly,

“Jamie! What-what if you came to Europe with us and was Nick or Kevin’s guitar tech?!” Joe grinned bouncing up and down.

I let my smile fall, “Joe I can’t. I have to go to school in the fall; I can’t just drop everything to become a guitar tech.” I reasoned.

Joe stopped jumping and stared down at me, “If you don’t want to do it then you can just say so.” His tone was flat and uncaring.

“No Joe I want to! But I can’t! I have school, I have a life!” I exclaimed standing up,

“Yeah, a life without me in it.” He replied coldly. “Joe.” I couldn’t breathe this whole situation was messed up,

“You can go now.” He replied sitting back down on his bed and picking up his guitar.

Nodding I left.

Left feeling empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO sorry it's been so long, IM SUCH AN IDOIT. Guess who forgot their screenname? me. Yeah it was pretty dumb. URGGH but i decided to update ASAP.

COMMENT AND RATE =]