The Beach House

Rick's Shop.

Image

The food was great, the conversation, not so much. Sure my mom and dad where chatting away with Denise and Paul, and sure Dylan the dewb was laughing along with Frankie but for the rest of us, Nick, Kevin, Joe and me not so much.

There was an awkward and almost uncomfortable silence as we chewed our food. Dad let out a roar of laughter at which I flinched and Paul’s face was as red as a tomato.

“Thanks for having us Jamie” a small voice came from beside me, Nick. “No problem.” I smiled. He was sweet and adorably cute, “I heard you where going off to college in New York?” I see what this boy was doing; he was trying to start a conversation.

“Yea, for musical theater.” I replied playing with my pasta, he nodded and sipped his water. “That’s cool I-“ but he was cut off by my mom who stood up, “Well I think in celebration of our first night together we should eat dessert by the water front!”

Frankie and Dylan cheered quickly grabbing their plates and putting them into the sink, the rest of us followed behind doing the exact same routine. Dishes in sink, grab some pie, and head outside, exciting isn’t it?

The sun was just about to go down as we settled ourselves outside covered in blankets. Frankie and Dylan scar fed down their food and anxiously got up to throw a Frisbee around.

“Paul I’ve got to ask, when I called you, like I do every year suggesting you come down with us I was quiet surprise you accepted.” Dad invites them every year?.

Paul chuckled and bite into his pie, “Yea well, the boys just got off the road and I thought, boys need to be boys while they still can, and I talked it over with Denise and she decided to have a vacation, why not spend it with my best friend?!” Paul gleamed.

“You guys where on the road?” I asked Joe who sat next to me; he scoffed, with a piece of pie in his mouth mind you, “Yea, haven’t you heard of us before? The Jonas Brothers?” he mumbled the last part shoving another piece into his mouth,

“The what?” I asked. “The Jonas Brothers, you know J-o-n-a-s B-r-o-t-h-e-r-s!” he replied rolling his eyes, my mouth dropped. Nobody has ever been that rude and blunt to me before,

“I was just asking” I mumbled stabbing my piece of pie. “It’s okay he’s not always like this” Kevin whispered his curly hair tickling my cheek. I giggled and brushed his hair way,

“Jamie? I was planning on going into town tomorrow but I’m having lunch with Denise instead would you mind picking up a few things with for me?” I shrugged as she handed me the list.

“There’s quiet a lot on here mom” I said, “What can’t handle it?” Joe’s bitchy like tone echoed. Denise smirked, “Why don’t you have Joseph help you dear?” I smirked at Joseph, “That would be lovely.”

--

It was eight a.m. and I was in no mood to be up, much less go shopping with Joe Jonas. I pasted back and forth in the foyer waiting for Mr. Perfect to finish ‘quaffing’ his hair.

“Finally!” I sighed as Joe slumped down the stairs in a blue tee and white pants. “Ready to go?” I said he nodded and took an apple off the counter. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the keys to the Buick.

The car ride was silent, that is until Joe decided to mess with the radio.

You just don’t know it,
It’s getting hard to say hello,
You just don’t know it,


Joe quickly changed the channel, “Who was that?” I asked keeping my eyes on the dirt path ahead. “The Jonas Brothers” Joe mumbled. I smirked, So that’s what Joseph sounded like

“Not bad” I complimented. “What do you mean not bad?” I shrugged, “Not bad?” I said again, “Like you could do better” Joe mumbled defensively, I scoffed.

“I probably could! And what’s wrong with you? I was paying you a compliment and you totally go ape shit! Ugh, you’re so difficult!” I mumbled turning into a tiny shack,

Rick’s Shop. “Creative title” I heard Joe mumble behind me. I rolled my eyes and shut off the car and entered the store, a man in his late sixties smiled at me,

“Well if it isn’t little Jamie Jade?” he smiled coming around from behind the counter, “great to see you again Jamie!” I smiled hugging him, “oh Joe this is Rick, Rick this is Joe.”

They shook hands and I handed Rick the list, “the usual?”

“The usual.”
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT AND RATE!!! =] Jess