Her Escape

Quiet As Not To Be Heard

It was a chilled spring morning, as the spiteful wind whipped through the half open window of a smallish ranch; fixated in a small town, with small-minded people. The wind consciously kissed the faces of the two girls lying in bed, still silently sleeping. The clock struck 7:00 a.m. A blaring sound, one that could be that of a fog horn, tore through the previously natural atmosphere. The girl on the outside bed, farthest from the wall woke up frightened and confused. After pacing around the room with her eyes, and glancing at the faces on the picture-pasted walls, she gained her security as she realized where she was and the origin of the abrupt noise. She carefully reached across the bed shutting off the alarm clock, trying not to wake her friend just yet. As she sat back into place she gazed at a nearby calendar on the wall, then at the clothes so carefully picked out the night before, to the window, then finally at the girl, her best friend still silently sleeping beside her.

As another wind came whistling through the window she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Capturing every scent, smell and thought. She was different then most girls, with her short choppy black hair and a hint of red. As she opened her eyes the sun hits them like a beautiful gem stone lost for centuries under the waves. She was beautiful, she was Brianna. As she looked over once more at the girl to her left, she placed her hand on her shoulder. While gently shaking her she whispers;

“Jade… Jade come on get up” Jade groaned and rolled over towards the wall, still asleep.

“Jade it’s May fifth,” Brianna said louder in a teasing tone.

Jade’s head shot up like a bullet. An indescribably large smile stretched across her face. She looked out the window, suddenly alert. Searching for any natural disasters that may have occurred over night. Jade was tall, with short choppy hair style with colors of red and white streaming through it. She had her lip and nose pierced diagonally across her face. At the moment her bangs where disarrayed pointing every which way. The black shorts and tour t-shirt she had gotten from a My Chemical Romance concert in February were wrinkled from sleep.

They had one and a half hours until they piled in the car and headed towards New Jersey. Jade was the first in the shower bringing her music and singing as usual. Brianna still sitting in bed smiled and laughed to herself, as she admired her friend’s lack of talent. She redirected her attention to the purple walls covered in pictures of Mikey Way, Gerard Way, Frankie Iero, Ray Toro, and Bob Bryar. The five guys that made up My Chemical Romance. Those five guys had helped both the friends get through some really hard times in the last few years.

As Brianna ran her fingers across the pictures she whispered, “Thank you…thank you for saving her.” A tear gently rolled down the side of her face.