Her Escape

Camp Fires and Lullabies

They stop at a grocery store on the way. Skipping through the aisles and harassing the stock boys. Then came 7-11 for coffee, red bull, and Slurrppies. After they finally reached the beach, unpacked all the food and drinks, and got a fire started Jade had made her way down to wear the waves where breaking. Mikey walked off the bus looking around. He sees her by the water all alone; he grabs two red bulls, and starts to walk towards her. She hears him coming but doesn’t turn around.
“Hey” he says in that voice that makes her go weak at the knees.
Handing her a red bull and she turns her head and smiles.
“Thanks”

Mikey moves behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and gently resting his chin on her shoulder. They stood there silently watching the water for a few minutes. Jade breathing in his gorgeous scent that she loved so much, leaning her head against his and holding his hands, she just breathed.

Mikey still holding her by the waist lunged forward into the cold water, taking him with her. Jade’s face filled with surprise she splashed the ocean up in his face. He splashes back and lunges toward her. As they wrestle and play in the water, the rest of the band watches from a distance at the bon fire.
“I’ve never seen him so happy and so lively” Gerard turns to Frank.
“Yeah she has brought out a new side to Mikey” he replies.

As the new couple finally walk out of the water after their moon lit swim, dragging their wet clothes pasted to their bodies, laughing and shivering as they hug each other for warmth.
“Hey Frank can you go on the bus and get us some towels” Mikey asks nicely.
“Yeah sure be right back.”
Frank came back with two towels and a blanket. Mikey wrapped the first towel around Jade’s shoulders and then did the same with his. He lay the blanket down on the sand in the circle of guys around the fire. Hutted together with Mikey’s arm around her, the group told stories and joked around till two in the morning. Still laughing at a high school story that Jade had told Mikey says laughing
“Ok well I have to drive tomorrow so I’m going to go to bed” he looked at Jade who had also stood up.
“Yeah I’ll go with you. I’m kinda tired.”
Mikey smiled and took her hand as they walked onto the bus.

“Well I guess were stuck out here for a while” Bob teased.
“Nah, Jade would do anything just yet and I don’t think Mikey would push for it” Frank said in a stern concerned tone.
Once on the bus Jade and Mikey had changed there clothes and Jade climbed into her bunk. Mikey kisses her good night and goes to climb into his own bunk.
“Where ya going?” Jade said in a slightly seductive voice.
Mikey paused and turned around smiling. He then proceeded to climb into Jade’s bunk. They lay there Jade’s head on his chest and his arms around her. Just talking until at last Jade fell asleep. Mikey ever so gently kissed her forehead and slipped away into sleep himself.

The boys walk in a little later and find the two together.
“See I told you nothing would happen” Frank said proudly as he climbed into his own bunk.
Gerard smiles looking at his brother, still holding Jade in his arms.
“He really loves her. He knew he did from the second she stepped onto that stage at Bamboozle. He kept looking around for her while we were walking back to the bus. And then when she got hurt, he wouldn’t leave her side.”
“Yeah, she’s great and I trust her not to hurt him like Anna did. This is the first time I’ve seen him really smile and really enjoy performing since she left him” Frank responds staring at the bunk above him.
Gerard nods his head “Yeah well night”
Frank answers “Night”.

The seven guys sleep soundly, with the sound of the ocean’s crashing waves in the background.