Her Escape

Midnight Mile

“Are you sure you wanna do that? You have a show tomorrow night and one every night after that for a week.” Frank stated concerned
“Yeah I’ll be fine I’ll just get a few hours sleep before we go one”
Jade walked to the front of the bus and sat in the passenger seat next to Garry who was looking for a place to pull over.
“There is a truck stop about a mile up the road. We will stop there for gas and to switch drivers” Garry called through out the bus.

Five minutes later the massive bus was pulling into a gas station. Jade had decided to change into something a little more comfortable and grab a blanket and some coffee. The bus was making its way across the south of the country; the tour would eventually end in northern California where the band would then fly back to jersey. They then would get a three week break and go over seas to the UK. Jade walked back up to the front of the bus and sat back down in the passenger seat. This time with a blanket wrapped around her and a cup of coffee in each hand. After putting down the coffee she attempted to get comfortable. Mikey watched her in amusement, watching her struggle and nearly fall right off the seat. He laughed to himself and put the bus in gear.

Once on the road they got on the subject of high school.
“I you would have told me back then, that I would be where I am now I would never have believed you.” Mikey said with a soft voice.
He was always able to sooth her with his voice. it was like the scent of a rose, sutile but undeniable.
“Yeah me either.” She gracefully smiled. Looking at Mikey with amazement, and continued. “In high school I was never the pretty one, never the smart one, never the skinny one, never the nice one, never the popular one, never the artist, never the best writer, never a good enough daughter, a good enough athlete, never a good enough friend”
Mikey didn’t know what to say.
“Its ok high school is over now; you have to let it go. You have me and the guys now, who will look after you and make sure nothing happens to you, and you have Brianna and your beautiful inside and out. You’re amazing.”
A look of security took over Jade’s face. The conversation got a lot lighter as friends, funny stories, music, movies, comic books, and useless fears came up.
“I have a fear of parking garages” Jade admitted
Mikey laughed “I’m afraid of open water and sharks”
“I’m afraid of elevators and dentists”
They both got a kick out of the others little cute fears. Then came there strange obsessions.
“I have the strongest obsession with British people” Jade owned up proudly
“I slept with a teddy bear till I was a high school senior” Mikey accidentally slipped out.
Jade laughed so hard her stomach hurt. In between gasps she blurted
“Till… you…were…a…senior…?”
Mikey shook his head embarrassed at his confession. His face got red and sad.
“No, no I think it’s cute”
Jade snorts, desperately trying to stop laughing, seeing it was affecting Mikey’s mood.
“Ok well I locked myself in the bathroom all night because I though someone was in my house.” Jade admitted trying t make Mikey fell better.
Mikey asks smirking, “Where’d you sleep?”
Jade answers laughing and hiding her face, “In the tube, with a towel over me”
Mikey is now no longer embarrassed and laughing along with her.

Jades eyes grow tired as she fishes her coffee, walking back into the kitchen area of the bus she calls sweetly
“What more coffee love?”
“Yeah thanks babe”

Jade walks back to him holding the pot of coffee and poured him a cup. Then doing the same for her own. Before sitting back down she placed a soft kiss on his cheek. As the drive went on it became harder and harder for Jade to stay awake. Don’t get me wrong she was a night person and was used to staying up until all hours of the morning but she was always used to be able to sleep during the day. It was nearly four in the morning and she was looking for anything to keep her awake. As a last resort she asks mikey
“You wanna stop and get something to eat soon?”
Her voice trialed off softly. Mikey noticing how drained she was answers gently
“Yeah sure there is a 7-11 up the road. That’s probably all we are going to find open at this hour.”
Jade just simply smiled, “That’s fine”

She ran back through the bus to get her shoes but couldn’t find that. She decided to slip on a pair of Gerard’s that lay on the side of the couch. The shoes were way too big for her small feminine feet. It made her look like a small child attempting to walk in there mothers heels. Mikey pulled into the parking lot and called back to her with a smile on his face as he watched her awkwardly walk in his brothers shoes. He loved the little strange things that she would do, or the random thoughts that would pop out of her mouth. Her smile seemed so perfect he wished it would never fade. He was completely and utterly captivated by everything that she was and everything she could be if she just had the confidence in herself.
“Hey we need gas again; you run in get coffee, red bull, and food. Be careful not to trip and hurt that pretty face I love so much”
He laughed watching her struggling to walk off the bus.
“Ok you want anything specific” she was still smiling at the remark about her pretty face.
“Nah, just get a buncha stuff I’ll pick a bit”

With that she walked off into the store consecrating on not falling in the oversized shoes she sported. While laughing and smiling to her self the whole time. She collected the coffee, red bull, bagels, muffins, and cookies. Then going back to make another trip around the store she grabbed a box of cereal and a half gallon of milk. She waited for the darkish skinned man to ring up the items on the counter. He seemed fatherly and warm hearted. Smiling at the buffet Jade had sprawled out on the counter. His face was worn and tired, but still smiling and happy. After helping Jade bag the food he turned to her a lighter in his hand and put it in her hand saying with a heavy accent,
“Take this and keep smiling, brighten the world beautiful”

Jade’s face brightened into and ear to ear smile as she thanked the kind man and walked out of the store. The lighter in one hand the bags in the other. The uneven weight making it even more difficult to walk in the large shoes. When she arrived back on the bus Mikey jokingly wondered
“Exactly how much food did you buy?”
“I got enough for the guys too” she said thoughtfully.
“How sweet, your amazing baby” Mikey said
Turning her away from the bags and pulling her in close by her hips. After a quick make out session they stopped to catch there breathe. Mikey kissed her on the nose has she gently scrunched it up making a cute face.
“We better get going” Jade reminded him.

Mikey walked back into the driver’s seat pouting as Jade unpacked the food and cleaned up the kitchen a little, trying to be as quiet as possible. Walking towards Mikey she gave him a sweet kiss on his neck and whispered in his ear
“What would you like for breakfast?”
Mikey thought for a minute enjoying her head resting on his shoulder and then spoke.
“Umm…how about more coffee, a muffin and some cookies”
He said this with such a bright cute smile that made his dimples more visible then ever. A smile that you would see stretch across a small child’s face on Christmas morning when they realized that “Santa Clause” has been there. This smile made Jade get a tingling feeling throughout her entire body as if it was screaming “HE’S THE ONE NOW DON’T YOU LET HIM GO!”
Jade laughed slightly to herself as she walked back into the kitchen to make up two plates of food.

At about six in the morning Mikey turns to Jade, who was gently drifting in and out of sleep, his face was drained and his eye lids looked as though they weighed a ton.
“Go wake up Brian and tell him it’s his turn to drive” he is fighting to keep his eyes open.
“Ok one second”
She grabs her coffee and walks into the bunk area, bends down to Brian’s bunk. He’s lying on his stomach mouth open and drooling. She shakes his shoulder
“Hey Brian, Brian”
He abruptly wakes up and hits his head on the bunk above him waking Bob. Jade stands up and speaks to Bob.
“Shh, don’t worry go back to sleep”
With-out any fuss Bob turns back over and continues to snore.
Get angrier and louder by the minute Jade bends down back to brains bunk.
“Brian…Brian get up you have to drive Mikey is shot!”
Brian finally gets out of bed, while he is getting dressed Jade makes his a cup of coffee. Handing it to him as he walks out of the bunk area.
“You can grab food but hurry Mikey really needs to sleep”

Jade is concerned Mikey won’t be able to put on a good show. And they don’t have much time to sleep after. My Chemical Romance is doing an interview and music countdown for Fuse tomorrow before they play there set. Jade and Mikey go to get a few hours sleep in Jades bunk. Meanwhile the guys are astonished by the sight of food and coffee waiting for them.
“We should have gotten a hot girlfriend for Mikey, to come on tour with us a long time ago.” Gerard joked in a brotherly tone.