Her Escape

Broken and Bleeding

author's note: sorry it's kinda short. still more of a relationship building chapter. more updates soon!

“I’ll catch up with you guys in a minute” Mikey says as he walks on the bus, to find Jade in a pair of tight black worn skinny jeans, a bouncing souls t-shirt, with a black low cut spaghetti strap dress on over it, complete with the torn and beaten converse she has had since she was in the 7th grade. Her hair choppy and straight, the red and white strips illuminating off the black. She was on the bathroom floor her eyes darkened by smeared makeup that ran like wax down the sides of her face. She was uncontrollably upset, her breathing wasn’t regular and her head posture was to the ground.

Mikey didn’t understand at first. Then remembered her mother had died. She hadn’t reacted to it much back in New York. He walked over and sat on the floor next to her. She moved her body into his arms; somewhere she knew she felt safe.
“What’s wrong…please don’t cry…it’s ok…what ever it is we can get through it together…I promise” Mikey was slowly calming her down. Her breathing was starting to regulate. Picking herself out of his caring arms and back into reality. She admitted,
“I hated her…my whole life I hated her…she tortured me when I was little. Told me I was wrong when I finally confronted her. She kept drinking even though she knew it hurt me. She was drowning me in that town. In that house. I did anything and everything to escape that place. Brianna was the only thing worth anything my whole life.”
She had muttered this speech through abstract breathes and rolling tears.

“Why don’t you invite Brianna to come out for a little while?” Mikey suggested.
Jade looked at him with struggling eyes and smiled. Moving back into his arms she said softly.
“Are you sure that’s ok?”
A small beacon of hope reappeared in her voice.
“Of course, have her meet us in California. You guys can go shopping or what ever”
Mikey was happy to see her smile again. Her smile always made him feel like the world was a better place. She held his hand as he helped her up off the bathroom floor.
“Thanks this means more then you know”
She just stood there hugging him. Her head against his chest, just listening to his heart beat its own rhythm. His arms wrapped around her like a fire blanket suffocating all her bad thoughts until she was left with the raw idea of serenity in his arms.
“You go ahead. I just want to fix my makeup and call Bri”
Mikey stares into her deep blue eyes that seemed to look like waves in the ocean.
“Ok. You sure you’re going to be alright?” Mikey said worried about her mental and physical well being in his absence.
“Yeah I’m fine now, thank you for being so amazing” she says with a sweet innocence that can only be achieved after a good cry. Where you let a bottled up emotion free, a clean slate.

NOW COMMENT !!!