Her Escape

A Family Sticks Together

“Is she going to be ok? Why isn’t her breathing regular? Why isn’t she awake? What did he do to her?” Mikey yelled getting angrier and angrier with every question.
“She will be fine. She is just in shock and needs to rest.”
A voice came from the doorway of the bus. Everyone stopped and turned scared at the sound of a foreign yet caring voice. Someone had called and EMT he continued to speak walking to the couch where Mikey and Jade where. Everyone watched him with distrust and suspicion.
“I heard what happened a security guard outside filled me in. here let me take a look at her”
The man in the blue jacket that had EMT sown on the arm in glowing white letters knelt at the couch next to Jade. Invading space that was previously all Mikey’s.

Mikey let go of her hand and slowly took only two steps backwards, giving then some space. He took her arm and found her pulse, counting and looking at his watch for about a minute, opened her eye and flashed a light; he then took out a thesis scope from his pocket and listened to her heart beat.
“Can someone get me a cold, damp, wash cloth or paper towel?” he asks feeling Jade’s forehead. Gerard took off towards the bathroom and emerged a minute later with a damp wash cloth.

“Well what’s wrong with her?” Frank asked impatiently.
As the EMT put the wash cloth on Jade’s head and squeezed a small amount of water onto her skin, those glowing blue fortress eyes flickered.
“Mikey…Mikey” she mumbled weakly.
Mikey unobtainable happy and relieved that she was ok dove to the couch and grabed her hand.
“I’m here. I’m right here”

Everyone left them alone. As the rest of the boys walked the EMT out.
“Thanks a lot man, she really had us worried.” Bob exclaimed relieved
“No problem. She was just in shock. You’re going to want to give her Advil and I wouldn’t leave her alone for a long period of time. She might start to panic”
“Ok thanks again”

They walked back on the bus and Garry called a local hotel while Brian call Adam from Taking Back Sunday, Bert, and the venue in Phoenix Arizona.
“Ok, the band and Venue situation is taken care of.” Brain said closing his phone.
“Yeah and we have three rooms a hotel down town.” Garry added.
“I figure everyone pair up and the extra pair can stay in Mikey and Jade’s room”

Garry and Brian stuck together, Ray and Bob stuck together, Frankie and Gerard stuck together and raised there hands.
“We’ll buck with Jade and Mikey”
“Ok then it’s settled. Let’s get going. I’ll drive”

Ten minutes later they arrived at a smallish hotel in the center of downtown Dallas. There were bell boys waiting to show them to their rooms. When Jade attempted to stand, she got dizzy and fell. There for Mikey and Gerard had to help her walk off the bus. As the hotel manger saw the condition Jade was in he order a young man to lay her on a bell hop and take her to the room. Once in the room Mikey got settled and laid Jade on the bed closets to the door. The other guys came in soon after.
“Let’s order some food it might make her feel better” Frank suggested.
“Yeah you’re probably right” Gerard admitted.

After ordering a massive amount of room service and sitting around watching old, black and white, horror movies Jade regained her strength. The guys and Jade all began to drift off to sleep, either one of the two beds or on the floor.

The first bed had Mikey, Jade, Brian, and Ray. The second had Gerard, Frankie, and Garry. Bob had fallen asleep on the floor leaning against the first bed.

The morning sun was creeping through the unopened window. Jade awoke and looked at the clock, twelve twenty. She felt soar but a lot better then the night before. She panned the room with her eyes, smiling at all the guys lying around her. She had Mikey’s head on her chest and Ray’s legs across hers.

Extremely carefully she nudged Mikey’s head onto the pillow and slipped out from under ray, grabbed her camera and snapped a shot of the gang. The guys that have become her family, her safe heaven. She felt at home with the people she was living with for the first time in her life. All that was missing was Brianna.