Her Escape

Leaving Every Care Behind

Before they knew it, it was nine o’clock. They quickly changed into there concert clothes that included black worn out skinny jeans, a faded through the years tour t-shirt, studded nightmare before Christmas belt, two different colored socks, and battered black converse. They decided instead of taking the limo they would walk, asking for directions, and taking pictures with random people on the way.

They finally reached the club at 10:10 and the band was about to take stage.
“Wanna get drinks first?” Brianna called.
Jade nodded her head and moved towards the bar.
“Two beers please” Brianna said holding up two fingers discreetly
Beer was an acquired taste for both of them. Starting out they hated the taste and smell of it but as time went on, going to shows almost every week-end, working in clubs, and collage they had become accustom to it.
“I haven’t had a beer at a show in so long, the guys really don’t drink.” Jade remembered as she took her beer. They decided to continue a ritual for old time’s sake. They both simultaneously chugged there beers, and pushed there way to the front of the crowd. Little did they know Mikey had also arranged for backstage passes for them to hang out with the band after the show.

After the last song Greg spoke into the microphone
“Hey can I have Jade and Brianna join me onstage?”
Everyone was looking around waiting to see who was lucky enough o stand onstage with The Bouncing Souls. Jade and Brianna looked around as well until they realized he was talking about them. They walked up the two small stars leading to the slightly risen stage.
“This is the girl that Mikey Way has chosen, it is an honor to meet you. Thank you all for comin out tonight”
Jade just stood there speechless.

There was a small room with three lit mirrors and a table top attached. Various products, brushes, guitar picks, and drums sticks lay on top. A beaten looking couch lay against the opposite wall. Pete and Bryan put away their guitars in the cases that rested in the corner.
“So what are you guys doing in L.A.? Greg asks as he sits on the couch.
“Oh, well the boys are playing long beach tonight, and the VMA’s tomorrow” Jade answered sitting across from him, on a stool. She motioned for Brianna to sit on the one next to her.
“Oh, you guys should have a lot of fun at the VMA’s. And I know your going with Mikey (looking at Jade) but who are you going with Brianna?” He looked at Brianna curiously.
“Oh well actually Ray asked me to go with him.” She answered shyly.
Brianna had neglected to tell Jade this, since he asked her on the bus earlier today.
“I didn’t know that! When did he ask you?” Jade asked shocked but cheerful.
“Were just going as friends. We like the same things and get along good, that’s all” Brianna said smiling uncontrollably, and looking down at her feet to avoid eye contact with Greg and Jade.
“Oh, I see” Greg joked with heavy sarcasm in his voice.
“Your falling for him” Jade said abruptly, with a huge goofy smile on her face,

“Were going for drinks you girls should really come!” Bryan join in, looking at the girls.
They look at each other then at the guys.
“Yeah, sure just for a bit though we have a long day tomorrow.” Brianna said looking at Jade and laughing.
They walked out the back door, to a large van that had music equipment waiting aside it. The girls helped them load everything in the back and then everyone climbed in, leaving every responsibility behind.

Pete drove the van to a bar on the out skirts of the city.
“Ready?” Mike asks turning around in his seat to face the girls.
“Born that way.” Jade answers with an evil smirk.
“Yeah, Yeah ok come on lets go get wasted!” Bryan insists.
“Wait, how old are you guys?” Greg wonders.
“20” Jade and Briana answers together.
“Old enough for me” Greg laughs to himself.

As he opens the door to the bar a seismic wave hits their senses. It was a stench of overly smoked weed, cigarettes, and cigars. There was a strong scent of beer and hard liquor as well. The clouds of smoke were escaping as Greg held the door open for the girls to walk in.

Once inside they saw the band in a back corner with a crowd of people around singing along. The boys walked over to the bar and order a round of drinks.
“And what would you ladies like?” Greg turn to ask.
“I’ll take a beer” Jade answered with a smile
“Same” Bri added
Both of them just stood there taking in every aspect of there surroundings. They had been to a million bars and clubs much the same but there was something different about this place.

Five beers each and two hours later Jade and Brianna had joined the crowd of screaming people jumping to the rhythm of the drums. There was a vibration in Jade’s pocket. She took out her phone; there was a text message from Mikey. Unable to concentrate in the smoky aroma she walked outside, beer in hand. Just as she walked out the door her phone began to vibrate again this time it was Mikey calling her.
“Hello, babe.” She answered guiltily, her buzz slowly dying.
“Hey, where are you? I called the hotel; they said you choose to walk and hadn’t been back yet…”
“Yeah were at a bar with Greg and the guys.”
“A bar? Are you sure you’re ok to walk back to the hotel?”
“Yeah, Yeah I’m fine…”
“No, you stay there I’m going to send a car to get you.”
“Ok. Thank you…I’m sorry.”
“No, I’m glad your having a good time. I just want to make sure you get home safe. So don’t leave with-put the car…ok…”
“Ok”
“Promise me”
“I promise”
Jade closed the phone walking back into the bar to get Brianna. Mikey hung up and called back the hotel.
“Yes, hi, this is Mikey way I called before…yes I know she is at a bar on the out skirts of town…can you send a car to pick her up?...Yes and hurry I don’t want her to try and walk back…oh and one more thing, have Gatorade, aspirin, and ice packs in the room and car for them…thank you very much…you too bye.”

Jade walked in and looked around spotting Brianna still by the band.
“Come on Bri we have to go.”
“Jay, come on just a little bit longer…”
“No, come on Mikey is sending a car.”
“No! I don’t want to go!”
Brianna was small and wasn’t used to drinking so much, so jade did what she had to.
“Listen to me, we had our fun and now we have to go back to the hotel. I don’t care if I have to carry you out. I haven’t seen Mikey in a while and I’m not going to let an amazing day and night be ruined because you want to stay out longer and party…”
With that harsh, self indulged lecture Brianna’s buzz was killed but she still put on a sad face.
“Fine I’ll go.”
They walked up to the guys, saying there good-byes and thanking them for a fun time, exchanged numbers and then walked out side.

While waiting out-side the air was fresh and clear. The cool breeze felt exhilarating on the girl’s sweaty skin. With that thought Brianna’s head hit Jade’s shoulder, she had passed out. They car pulled up moments later. Jade picked up her friend and carried her into the limo. When she got Bri situated lying down on a seat, she took out her phone and called Mikey who was nervously awaiting her call.
Mikey answered “Hello…you ok? You in the car?”
“Hey yes I’m fine and in the car”
She looks over and sees the Gatorade, aspirin, and ice packs. This brings a warm smile to her face,
“You’re amazing” she muttered half to herself.
“Yeah, well I Love You.”
This was the first time he had said this and Jade wasn’t expecting it. She knew she loved him. She really did but she wasn’t sure she could say it out loud. She took a deep breath and through her fear away. He was everything she had gotten hurt looking for, and she wasn’t letting that get away.
“I love you too…I really do.”
“Now get some rest…oh wait what happened with Garret the publisher?”
“Oh he wasn’t available so this dick showed up, Nick, but thanks for the thought it was really sweet. Now you go to bed, you just played a show. I miss you good-night.”
“I’m sorry it didn’t work out. I miss you too. You now ever since I meet you, I hate to sleep alone.”
“Me too. I love you more then anything.”
“Love you too. Night.”
“Night”