Her Escape

If You Want The Fairytale You Have To Drum For It

They each grab there red and black clutch bags while heading out the door, towards the elevator. There they took as many pictures as possible, some including the bell boy who was stuck in with them for the ride down. When the doors opened they walked out into the lobby and there they were, Mikey and Ray. Waiting for them, dressed in tight black pants and suit jackets. As they turned around and saw Jade and Brianna their jaws dropped. The second Jade spotted Mikey she went running into his arms.
“I miss you so much!”
“You look incredible”
“You don’t look so bad yourself.” She snickered and gave him a kiss.

Brianna walked up to Ray cautiously.
“You look amazing” He could barely speak.
“Why thank you.”

Mikey took Jades hand and motioned for Ray to do the same. He caught on and gently in twined his fingers with-in Brianna’s and the four some walked out of the hotel lobby and into an exceedingly long back limo. When the door opened the rest of the band was waiting inside holding glasses of Champaign.
“So how was long beach guys?” Jade asked stepping in.
“Holy shit you two look phenomenal!” Gerard gasped
Everyone else agreed except Frankie who sat there speechless in aw. Driving there eas fun taking pictures, drinking Champaign, and laughing with the guys. When they arrived they had to wait in a line of limos, as their turn approached Jade grew nervous and clutched Mikey’s hand tightly.
“I love you. Don’t worry they will too.” He assured her

The door opened and there were flashing cameras, people yelling names, and interviewers asking questions. Gerard stepped out first, then Mikey and Jade, followed by Ray and Brianna, Frankie, and Bob. They walked very slow making sure to smile and to pose numerous times. For one set of photographers Mikey kissed Jade much like he did the night on stage at the Virginia show. People where interested in the story of Mikey’s new girl and kept asking vulgar questions and screaming her name. But Jade held her own and managed to stay calm while remembering to breath. Ray and Brianna where calm and collected as well walking hand in hand and posing together for pictures.

After the long harsh walk they finally reached inside and it was spectacular. The ceiling was a deep mid-night blue with hundreds of tiny sparkling lights placed against it. Jade was taken away by the subtle beauty of everything around her. She saw stars from movies she loved watching over and over, just walking past. A few where Dakota Fanning and Orlando Bloom who noticed Jade and complimented her on how she handled herself on the fuse interview as well as her appearance.

The ceremony was about to start, they found there seats and watched as categories went by. Finally the first of three categories the band was nominated four was up. They had won best creative rock video the guys all got up and walked on stage to accept their moon man, Gerard gave a speech while Frankie and bob goofed off behind him. As they walked back stage, Bob quickly slipped to the buffet avoiding a camera and interview. When they returned to their seats Bob was complaining that his stomach was bothering him. Five minutes later he was sprinting to the bathroom, and green in the face. Gerard had gone to check on him twenty minutes before their set, but found that he was in no condition to play. The rest of the band including the girls were back stage when Gerard entered the dressing room panicking.
“Bob can’t play. He can’t even stand he’s too sick. What are we going to do?”
“Jade can play” Frankie suggested
“Yeah that’s a brilliant idea.”
Everyone turned their attention to Jade who was help Mikey with his stage costume. A look of terror came over her face.
“But…but…” she muttered nervously.
Mikey looked her in square in the eyes.
“You can do this; we need you to do this. You know all the song. It will be fine.”
“Ok, ok I can do this” she started to breath deeply
Taking off her high heels she started walking in circles. She was going to have to play barefoot.
“Wait I have my converse in my bag. I have small feet” Frankie offered.
“Oh god, thank you” Jade said desperately putting them on.
“Ok Jade this is the list of songs we play in order. If you…”
“If I mess up just go with it, don’t freak out.”
“Exactly”
“It will be fine, I’m ready”
The manager walks in and wonders.
“Good you’re on in five, lets move…wait where’s my drummer?”
“Right here” Jade answering half smiling.
He squanders out and utters,
“What ever”.

They follow him to the side stage, when the announcer speaks with a powerful thrusting voice,
“My…Chemical…Romance!”
All the guys (and Jade) walk out on stage with there instruments in hand. Gerard starts to speak to the crowd just as Jade climbs up and onto the drum stand.
“Are you ready LA? …well Bob got very sick backstage and is unable to play. But Jade here is filling in for him, with out any practice time. So lets here is for Jade.”
The crowd roared. Jade gazed upon the hundreds of faces in the crowd and she got this strength she felt there energy pumping through her veins and suddenly to wasn’t scared. She had no doubts that she could play this show, and that’s exactly what she did. Gerard turned and winking in her direction signaling her to start the baseline. She played her heart out through every note in every song. Forcing ever last ounce of energy she had into playing. Messing up once or twice but nothing major, when they had finished the last song Jade came off the stage on a complete adrenaline high.
“You were amazing up there!” Gee congratulated.
Mikey ran up behind her grabbing her waist.
“I didn’t know you could play like that sweetie”
Jade just smiled innocently and kissed him on the neck.

Off stage there was an interviewer waiting for the band to talk about there performance.
“Hello, I’m Katie from MTV news. Can I ask you a few questions?”
Gerard looked to make sure Jade was ok and then proceeded
“Yeah sure”
She nods to her camera man as he flips a switch her face suddenly brightens as her personality changes for the public.
“I’m here with the guys and a temporary drummer of My Chemical Romance. First off congratulations on best creative rock video…”
“Thank you very much” Gee added with a smile.
“Now I noticed that Bob was not on stage tonight. Why is that?”
“Well, he had fallen ill at the last minute but jade here agreed to fill in.”
“Now Jade how did it feel playing to a crowd of this magnitude with such a pronounced band?”
“Being up on stage with these guys was an indescribable feeling.” She answered smiling still being held in Mikey’s arms.
“How long have you been playing the drums?”
“Since I was 16”
“How long have you and Mikey been together?”
“We have been dating for about two weeks now.”
“And there was talk of you replacing Bob is that true?”
“Defiantly not, Bob is a marvelous drummer, a vital member of this band, and a true and honest friend. I would never.”

After that she tended to focus on the band as a whole, speaking mostly with Gerard. Although through out the entire interview she made undermining comments at Jade. Once back at there seats Jade was drained, she leaned over and gently placed her head upon Mikey’s shoulder as he encased her in his arms.
“Jay wow, that’s was the best I have ever seen you play!”
Brianna’s excited and congratulatory voice was heard and Jade new she was going to wind up forcing herself to lift her head and converse with her friend. This is exactly what she did.
“Thanks. I still can’t believe I just did that. I mean I play live all the time, but not on national television and not to a crowd of this intense numbers before.”
She looked up at Mikey the concealed gaze in her eyes thanked him for giving her the strength and self-confidence to get out on the stage that night.

The rest of the night was just as remarkable. The band had won two out of the three awards they were nominated for. They lost the final one to Green Day which to them was an honor in itself.
“Hey you wanna go to the after party with the guys or you tired?” Mikey inquired.
They were walking out of the arena hand in hand; Jade’s head still softly resting on Mikey’s shoulder, her eyes defiantly struggling to stay open.
“If you pump me with caffeine we can go.” She let up a hinting smirk.