Her Escape

The Attack

Strangling every gasp she took, she tried to get away screaming as loud as she could. But with minimal air moving through her lungs she could barely breathe. There was a ripping pain in the side of her leg. The man, realizing he was losing control of his prey, pulled out a gun and held it to Jade’s head. She kept squirming and yelling for help. Gripping tighter, he whispered in her ear:

“Don’t worry, honey. No one can save you.”

She closed her eyes and a single tear dripped from the corner. Frank Iero heard the struggle and walked away from the group to see what was the matter. Without realizing just what he was getting himself into he came out from behind a bus.

“Stop! Leave her alone! You don’t have to do this. She’s young. Don’t do something your going to regret!”

Jade’s eyes shot open at the sound of his voice. Her mouth moved to form the words “Please save me.”

But no sound left her lips. Frank’s stomach sunk as the man changed the direction of the gun from Jade to him. Jade saw this happening and fire lit in her eyes.

“Just walk away and keep your mouth shut, and I won’t kill you.” Jade's attacker said through clenched teeth. Frankie started to sweat but didn't regret his decision.

“I’m not leaving here with out her!”

“Suit yourself.”

The large man moved his thick finger to push the safety lock off. Jade could here a bullet click into place. She wasn’t about to let him kill Frankie. Taking one huge breath, unaware of where she got the strength from she spoke:

“You will never hurt him.”

Grabbing his arm switching the aim of the gun to the ground, she stomped on his foot as hard as she could. She then shot her foot up from the back to kick him in the crotch. She heard him gasp as she elbowed his stomach and slammed her palm up to break his nose. Finally she snapped his wrist causing it to go limp and the gun simply flew out of his hand. Frankie’s jaw dropped at Jade's display of power in the situation. Still crying she ran into Frankie’s arms holding on for dear life. Still gasping for air. Not realizing her leg was bleeding profusely.
“Thank you for coming back for me,” she muttered into his chest.

“You’re bleeding. You’re hurt. Come on, we better get you back to the bus.”

“I can’t ….I can’t…..”

Jade fell to the ground. Frankie was caught off guard, unable to catch her in time.

“Jade? JADE! COME ON WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP!”

When she didn’t answer he slid his hands, one under her legs, the other supporting her back, and carried her through the maze of buses. A look of determination on his face, he wasn’t going to lose her.

When he reached the bus, he swung the door open. As he walked in there were comments made from the other members on the bus.

“Man where have you been we have to leave?” Bob asked.

They then saw that he was carrying Jade in his arms and their words suddenly become worried.

“What happened to her? Is she going to be okay? Why is she bleeding so much?” Mikey was frantically asking questions but Frank didn’t say a word. He walked to the front of the bus and started the engine.