Her Escape

Recovery From A Lifetime Of Damage

“Oh, thought you guys might want this. We found it in her pocket.”

Frank took the envelope from his hands, it was addressed to Gerard, Mikey, Frankie, Bob, and Ray. Confused at first, he flipped the envelope to open it from the back, it was a letter. Frank held it in is shaking hands and read silently to himself. His face transformed into a grateful smile as a few tears rolled down his eyes.

“What is it?” Mikey wondered.

“It’s a letter. She wrote a letter to us.”

That morning before jade had left she slipped the envelope containing the letter into her pocket in hopes of meeting them. She had written it on her way back to the states. As they pass the letter around, reading their favorite parts out loud a small flame of faith is restored in them.
“I guess I’m cancelling the next show” Brian hinted
“Yes we have to be hear when she wakes up” Mikey insisted.
Brian got up and walked outside holding his cell phone searching for service. An hour goes by with no word from the doctor. Everyone gradually falls asleep on each other as it gets late. Mikey and Frankie are the only ones left awake.
“We should take her with us” Mikey abruptly says
“On tour?”
“Yes I mean why not? We can take her to the UK and maybe she can finish this tour with us….only if she wants. I just want to get to know her”
“Your falling for her aren’t you?”
“I don’t really know her yet. But she seems worth getting to know. Just please come one, let her come. I’ll take full responsibility for her”
“We are going to have to get a bigger bus”
“That’s ok have Brian call, the company they should be able to get us one fast”
“Fine but the choice is up to her”
“Thank you”

The doctor walks back into the waiting room. Mikey stands up; forcing bobs head to fall the opposite way.
“You can see her now.”
Mikey follows the doctor through a set of double doors, down a hallway were everything is white and the scent of disease lingers in the air, like a cold that won’t quite. the site gave him an uneasy feeling in the center of his stomach, bringing back unshakable memories of when he lost his grandmother.
“Right here”, the doctor spoke braking him from him trance.

He stops at a room and motions to Mikey. He grips the door handle slowly and walks into the room conscious, unaware of what to expect. The room was dark, the curtains tightly pulled over the only window. It was warm, with the un-natural and un-easy sound of beeping machines and monitors. There she was, lying in the bed eyes closed and no emotion. The oxygen tube around her face symbolized the pain she was in, but unable to feel at the moment. Her face was pale; the tube filled with red caught his eye. He followed it from her scared wrists to the bag label “AB+” hanging on a metal rack. One chair was strategically placed against the far wall. He walked in as if he was trying not to disrupt the serenity that seemed to be working in her favor.

Picking up the chair, he moves it next to the bed. For ten minutes he sat there and just watched her breath. Then taking her hand in his he gently let his head descend onto the bed and fall asleep next to her. A doctor walked in to check on her progress and smiled at the sight of him lying next to her. they seemed so at peace, like him being there made what she was dealing with easier. Admiration was written clearly across his face, while he left to fetch Mikey and extra blanket.

Frank woke Brian up telling him Mikey’s plan to bring jade on tour. Unsure about the whole thing he walked outside again searching for service to call the bus company. Reluctantly they agreed to have a bus at the hospital by 2 PM the next day.

When morning came Jades eyes flicker open, at first an overwhelmingly fear and panic filled her body. her chest grew tight around the pain in her trachea as she struggled to breath. She had an intense pain in her left leg and blood moving into her arm through a clear tube that ended in a rather uncomfortable needle. She started to breathe more easily but still heavy as her heart raced with insecurity.

Then she looked at the man lying next to her, holding her hand and a feeling of absolute safety rushed through he body as she smiled. It was Mikey Way, the last person she expected to see at her hospital bed side. He was laying her grasping her hand while he silently slept in what looked like a position that was going to leave him with a stiff neck. she wasn't exactly sure why his presence made the situation and pain seem more at ease. her breathing was nearly regular now, she knew where she had woken and she knew Mikey, Frankie, or any of the people that bustled in the hall wouldn't let anything happen to her.