Her Escape

Who Ever Said Dreams Can't Come True

Jade gently reached over and placed her hand on his shoulder shaking his thin torso just enough to wake him from his light slumber. at first he awoke alert and unaware of his boundaries. Then as he picked his head off the bed and gazed into her glazed over, morphine induced pleading, kind, and gentle eyes; all he could manage was to feel happy that she was awake and ok.
“How are you feeling?” his voice was concerned and pleading at the same time.
“Ok, in a little bit of pain. How did I get here?” jade managed to move her leg so she could see the damage as she spoke, wincing in pain momentarily
“Frank carried you to the door bus. And he drove you here. The rest of the guys are in the waiting room” he looked as if he was going to leap from his seat at the site of her discomfort but when she saw her smile at the mention of the guys, he returned the gesture warmly.

The doctor walked in the room.
“Good your up. I’m Dr. Shultz. We are going to take that out of your arm, (point to the IV tube) and get you out of here in a few hours.” He pauses, looks at Mikey and continues.
“You’re lucky to have someone like him. Your boyfriend lay with you all night”
Jade looked at Mikey and he blushed. As the doctor reached to pull the needle out of her arm she cringed and grabbed Mikey’s hand.
“Can the rest of the guys come in now?” she asked with a hopeful voice
“Sure I don’t see why not”
Jade smiled as Mikey walked back to the waiting room. While he was gone she started to wonder if anyone had called Brianna. Her and James were probably getting really worried by now.

The door opens and all seven guys pile in the room and stand around her bed. Asking questions, making jokes and telling jade what happen while she was unconscious.
“Did anyone call Brianna” she asked nervously.
“The hospital called your house and left a message. They found your cell phone if you pocket”
“Is she hear?”
Everyone looks around from one to another not saying a word.
“Well…what’s wrong?”
Ray finally speaks.
“They left a message but no one called back or came”
Her face dropped and a tear formulated in the corner of her eye.
“Oh…ok”
There is an awkward silence; no one really knows what to say. Gerard breaks the silence
“Well if you leaving today you’re going to need something to wear”
Everyone agrees and jade smiles.
“I’ll go see what I can find on the bus” Brian volunteers
“I’ll go with you” Ray followed

Frank looked at the remaining people in the room and they walked out looking for coffee. He sits on the edge of the bed.
“Thank you, you saved me, you waited for me to be ok. But what about your shows”
Jade looked at him guiltily.
“Don’t worry about that we can reschedule those. What matters is that your ok. and between me and you, I think Mikey has fallen for you”
Jade blushes and smiles uncomfortably.
“we found the letter in your pocket. And well, over the summer we are touring the UK. And after we all discussed it we want you to come with us. You can even finish this tour with us if you want.”
Jades eyes electrify and her faces glow at the offer.
“Of course I would love to go on tour with you guys. And being that I really don’t have much to go home too, I’ll finish this one with you guys too.”
Frank smiles and is happy she choose to go, but sad that she had to go through this experience with-out her family.

Brian and Ray come back into the room holding a pile of clothes.
“This is the best we could do” Ray said half embarrassed handing her the clothes.
“These will be fine, thanks. Whose are they?” jade asked looking around the room at the guys.
“Well the pants are Frankie’s, the shirt and sweat-shirt is Mikey’s”
“And the boxers”
“I believe those are Mikey’s too” Brian said unsure.
Mikey walks back into the room holding two cups of coffee.
“Here ya go” he says gently has he hands one to jade.
“What are you doing with my boxers?” He continues confused, then turning to Brian and ray who have guilty looks on their faces.

Mikey gives up bickering with Brian and Ray, returning his attention to Jade.
“You must be starving…what something to eat?”
Jade looks relieved at the offer and smiles.
“Yeah sure”
Everybody in the room follows her saying “Yeah me too”. Jade quiets them.
“Ok. why don’t you guys go get food and I’ll get dressed and ready to leave…oh anyone have a hair strengthener?”
Mikey nods.
“Yeah I do. I’ll go get it. Everyone else get ready to leave”
All the guys walk up to the bed one at a time and give jade a kiss on the forehead. Then walk out of the room.