Afraid Of The Light

Runaway

I made my way to the calendar that was stuck on the fridge and realized that my birthday was tomorrow.
A tear fell on my cheek, as I remembered my last birthday with my parents and my aunt.
My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.
“Yes, I'm coming,” I called out.
I opened it to be met by the police officer from earlier.
“Sally, you have to pack up your clothes and anything else that you need because I’m taking you to the orphanage tomorrow,” he said.

“O-Orphanage?” I questioned hesitantly. I hated orphanages because they treated people like slaves.
“But, I don't want to go. I want to stay here!” I exclaimed.
“Hm, you're going to be 14 tomorrow, right?”
“Uh-huh.”
“Well you're still legally under-age and there's no way you can stay home alone. I’ll be here tomorrow at 8 am sharp. Be ready,'' was all he said as he walked back to his car and drove off, leaving me standing dumb founded at my front door.

Different thoughts raced into my head. “What do I do now? Where should I go?” I muttered to myself.
Without a second thought, I shut the door and ran far from the house. Far away where no one could find me, awaiting what the future has in store for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my second chapter and I hope you like it. I'm looking forward to your comments. ^^