Afraid Of The Light

The Past And Her Misery

I ran downstairs, woken up by the screams of my mum, she was being beaten up by my dad as usual who was an alcoholic.
“Mommy, are you ok?” I said
“Get your fucking ass up to your room” my dad shouted at me and I always had to run to my room and cry till I sleep.
One day the same thing happened, I was only 7 years old; I woke up and went to my mum’s room.
She was lying on the bed with bruises all over her body.
“Mommy, wake up. Dad didn’t come home yet” I said shaking my mother but she refused to get up.

It took me a while to realise what had happened.
I screamed with all the voice left in my throat and the neighbours came in frightened.
“What happened?!” they asked.
“He killed her... he killed my mother!!!”
I streamed out of the house screaming “You heartless Bastard”
“Sally, wake up!” A voice said. It was Jack.
“Sally, you’re sweating and you were shouting while you were sleeping. You okay?” He asked while putting a hand on my forehead.
“I had a dream. No it was a nightmare of the past, when my dad, the murderer, killed my mother…” I said these words while tears were streaming down my face.

“It’s going to be okay, don’t worry” Jack was the only person that understood me.
He knew that, he was my best friend from childhood.
I couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night and I kept thinking of the night and I kept thinking about the dream while listening to Getting Away With Murder by Papa Roach.
Yeah, sally loved Rock Music. It always changed her mood.
Sally had another problem other than family and it was love, she loved a person more than her life but he…

“Knock knock”
“Uh, come in Jack” she said closing her mp3 player.
“Hey, you ok?” Jack said checking her temperature.
“Um, I-I wanted to ask you…”
“What’s up Jack?” Sally said.
“Do you still remember him, do you still remember James?”
My heart started thumping loud as all the flashbacks of Jack were throwing themselves in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok i know im late but i had a lot of axams lately
this chapter tells you everything about her past.

i hope you like it and i will be grateful if you comment

thanx