Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter One

I threw the last bag into the back of the taxi and waited for my mom and dad to make their way outside. It was late December. Christmas had just passed and my sixteenth birthday was history and my parents decided that a holiday in Italy was needed. You probably think, wow, the beach, the sun, the sand. No. The mountains, the cold air, the snow is more like it. Heaven. My parents always loved to ski, whereas I found it boring. Snowboarding was my thing. Simply amazing.

“Zack, we are going now, did you remember to tell the kennels that Ichabod cant have that food in the tin?” my mom asked as she headed towards me.

“Yes, for the thousandth time, they know.” I yelled back

We all piled into the taxi and made our way to the airport. I have been waiting for this for months. To get away from the school, the people, the bullies, the pens in the back of the head, and most importantly, him. Brian Elwin Haner Jr. My all time worst enemy. Three years ago, I would have said, all time best friend, but that’s history. We were best friend for years, since we were four to be exact. But then I was thirteen, I went away. Snowboarding, like this year, but when I came back, he had this different group of friends, they were older, they smoked, did drugs, all of the things a thirteen year old shouldn’t do. But they didn’t care. First were the insults, the ‘gay’ the ‘fag’, ‘queer’ ‘homo’ all of the things that came to mind. The insults then lead to the threats. The treats then lead to beatings. And so on. I cant go a day without being abused in some shape or form. But never by him. He always stood and watched. He would egg them on and things, but never threw the punches, never shut the locker door.

I would have considered him as a brother. I loved him like a brother. He was my best friend, he knew my insides and outsides, the things I have never told anyone else, the things that make me who I am. He is the only one who knows the real me. He has changed so much. The first changes were fine, then the girls came. He would have two or three crowding him as he and his friends sat at the back of class. One under each arm. The short skirts and skimpy tops that he knew all too well. Then there was me. The boy who sits alone at lunch, the boy who sits alone in class, doing my work. that’s another reason I get bullied. Because I actually get it done. What’s the point of even going to school if you don’t learn anything. Your there, may as well get something good out of it.

“Zack, we’re here.” my dad said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I peered out of the window to see the huge ‘welcome to LAX’ sign. Here we go. We booked in and waited that unnecessary amount of time until we actually boarded the plane. I always hated flying. Its not the flying, it’s the bit where you board the plane and it suddenly goes from the ramp to the plane and you stand in that tunnel thinking your going to fall. I looked at my ticket to see it read “Row CH, Seat 3” great, a window seat. I sat at the window and looked out, I was just after the wing. I took note that my mom and dad were sat in the seats in front of me and hooked myself up to my ipod. The plane began to fill up and I completely blanked whoever sat next to me until I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see that oh so familiar face looking at mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think???