Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter Nineteen

I ran the comb through my hair for the final time before placing it back down on my desk. I was about to go out to Brian’s place, then to Matt’s so we can have a ‘band practice’. It was all that they could talk about after lunch, how apparently we are going to be the next big thing. All we need is a bassist. I smiled at myself in the mirror and went to pick up my guitar. I picked up the case and ran downstairs.

“I am going out,” I yelled. My mom still hadn’t spoken to me. And to be honest I didn’t care.

I walked the short distance to Brian’s house and walked inside the gate, shutting it behind me. I heard a cheer as I knocked the door. It swung open and Brian was on the other side, not looking at me, looking at the TV. I walked in, passed Brian who’s eyes were still on the TV and sat on the couch. It was there I saw a baseball match was on the TV and Brian’s dad was sat with a bottle of beer in his hand.

“Hey, Zack,” he said with a smile.

“Hey.”

“So I hear we have to be all hush hush about you two now then?” He laughed

“Yeah, what’s with him anyway?” I asked looking at the boy who was still stood with the door open. I laughed at the expression on his face, the smile obvious and his eyes barley blinked as he watched the TV. I laughed and stood up, picking up my guitar as well. I walked over towards the door noticing Brian’s guitar was stood upright next to it. I picked that up and ushered Brian out of the door. He huffed and opened it again.

“Dad, come on, get the fuck outta my house,” He said.

“My house, don’t forget who pays the bills,” his dad laughed as he exited the bungalow. We went our separate ways as I followed Brian to where I thought was Matt’s house.

“What was all that about?” I asked

“What?”

“You stood at the door, you didn’t even look at me, you didn’t even register that I had walked in and sat on the couch,” I laughed.

“Well, it was a very intense moment.”

“Yeah, very intense,” I said sarcastically. We continued walking, finally making a turn onto a driveway. I looked at the house. It was a lot like Brian’s, well his parents house, it was three stories high, painted pale blue and very neat.

“Matt,” Brian yelled through the letter box. I looked at him questionably and he pointed at the door bell. There was a sign on it that read ’Broken’. Well that answered the question.

The door was opened and that Val girl smiled sweetly as we walked in. I had yet to hear her speak. I followed Brian down to the basement where I was no instruments. Instead there was a marker pen, antiseptic wipes, cotton wool, a lot of little rings and studs, lots of needles, and some gloves all put out neatly on a table.

“What’s all this?” I asked as I placed my guitar down.

“We are giving you some piercings,” Jimmy said, smiling wildly.

“Like fuck you are.”

“Yes, now what would you like?” Matt said as he pushed me down onto the chair.

“You are not-”

“You want to be cool don’t you?” Matt asked.

“Yeah.”

“Yell look,” he said as he pointed to his and Jimmy’s lips then to Brian’s nose. I gulped as that scared feeling shot through me. I always wanted to get something done, I was just to scared to do anything about it.

“Okay. I will do it,” I said holding my hands up.

“What do you want doing then?” Jimmy asked walking over to the gloves and putting them on.

“I have no idea,” I said shyly.

“Give him snakebites,” Brian spoke up. I looked at him and he looked back at me smiling slightly.

“Okie dokie then,” Jimmy said picking up two needles and two studs. “Have you ever had an injection?”

“Yeah.”

“Did you swell?”

“Yeah, shit loads,” I laughed.

“Okay, I will put studs in there to start off, because the inside of your lip might heal to the shape of a ring and the skin will fucking start to grow around the thing. When Matt had his done, that is what happened and he had to go to the hospital to get it all cut off and shit,” he laughed while wiping my bottom lip with antiseptic. He then picked up the pen and placed two dots on my lip. He picked up the needles and began looking at them.

“Matt, what size is yours?” He asked

“Erm, one point two.” Jimmy nodded and picked up who needles with 1.2mm written on them. He got some small metal tong like things that had small circles at the end of them, like claps with a hole in. He pulled my lip outwards with the funny looking tweezers and pushed the first needle into my skin. I hissed in pain and relaxed when he stopped pushing. He did the same with the other lip and before I knew it, the studs were in. My tongue reached out and licked the drop of blood that was running on the inside of my mouth as Brian handed me the mirror. I groaned as I looked into it at the bright red patches of skin where the two silver balls were placed. I moved my hand up to gently press on the skin, but moved it away quickly as it was sore.

“How does it feel?” Brian asked,

“Stings like a bitch,” I whined.

“You will live,” Matt said patting my back. If I knew that project Zacky was going to be painful, I would never have signed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know when something really eats away at you inside, and when you wirte a journal or a blog you just get bitched it. I was trying to get a point across in the journal I posted earlier tonight and all it seemed to do was get bitched at. It wasnt even anything bitchy, it was about the lack of respect, take a read and you will understand. It turns out that nobody cares for others anymore, and it turns out that most Mibbians are only here to make others feel bad through messages and comments. But to be honest I couldnt really care less, it was how I felt and if they interpreted it wrongly then more fool them. I am not talking about any of my readers, so dont get offended by anything. But you know when you do something, hoping to get a good point across, and all that happens is that they just completely make you feel like shit.

On a brighter note, I got a new phone today! I am well happy, I actually managed to save up for something!

ALSO, I am not going to be updating on weekends as much as I go to my boyfriends house on a weekend now, and I dont want to make him sit and watch me update lol. I would feel well bad.