Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter Twenty

Me and Brian left Matt’s house soon after Jimmy decided to poke holes in my face. It was as sore as hell. We had decided to go back to mine, to try and attempt to make peace with my mom. I know for well that there was a massive freak out in order when she saw my face. But I didn’t care, I had always lived to her rules, so I think its about time I live by mine.

“We have gym tomorrow,” Brian said.

“And?”

“That means I can perve on you without it looking weird,” he laughed

“What do you think we will be doing?”

“Probably something indoor, its too cold to go outside because of all that health and safety shit, I wanna do something fun,” he said. I watched as he pulled a cigarette out of the packet in his pocket and light it.

“Will you talk to coach Thompson about me being on the baseball team then?” I asked

“Yeah, sure, I was gonna do it today but I didn’t have time, I was too busy being molested in the school toilets,” he laughed,

“Indeed, molested,” I nodded. I unlocked the front door and pulled Brian inside. I giggled slightly as he tripped over Ichabod who was sat by the door.

“Look, now you molesting my dog,” I said

“That’s because your dog needs molesting,” he laughed as he stood up and moved to the couch. I heard my mom talking to my dad in the kitchen, their voices were raised so that obviously meant something was up. I cringed slightly and walked into the kitchen. My mom looked up from the kitchen table and my dad looked at me from his spot on the counter.

“Oh, my God,” my mom sighed.

“What the hell is that?” My dad asked. He jumped off the counter and walked over to me. He looked at my face then moved away.

“They are only studs,” I muttered,

“Only?” My mom yelled,

“What?”

“Who are you, why have you changed all of a sudden?” My mom cried,

“I haven’t changed, I just never had a chance to be me, you just don’t like it because I actually have friends now and I’m not here twenty four seven to do what you want,” I shouted back.

“Its all that Brian’s fault, I thought that it would be nice if you two could settle your differences, not be glued to the hip,” My dad screamed. I looked at him before turning on my heal. I walked straight passed Brian and ran up the stairs to my room. I heard more yelling come from downstairs, then footsteps. My door opened and Brian’s head popped round. I was sat on my bed, my legs were crossed and my hands lay loosely in my lap.

“Why do they hate me?” I asked the taller boy.

“They don’t hate you, they hate me more than they hate you, they will learn to accept you the way you are,” he said. He walked over to me and sat at my side.

“I knew this was a bad idea.”

“What? It wasn’t a bad idea, my parents disliked me for like, a year, now look, I am sixteen and my dad lets me drink around him, something I never thought he would let me do at sixteen.”

“Yeah, well, your fine, you know how to do stuff, I don’t, its like a whole new world for me, you don’t know how hard it is for me to go from one extreme to the other,” I said. Brian smiled and nodded weakly as he pulled me onto his lap.

“I do know, I went though the same thing, remember?”

“Yeah, but that was years ago, your parents love you more than they did when you were friends with me back when we were younger,” I whined.

“Look, they will fucking come around, ‘cos I really cant see them being mad at their only son for very long,” he said, a uplifting smile on his perfect face.

I nodded and sighed, sinking further into my mattress.

“For the time being, you can stay at mine, if you want that is,” he said.

“Okay,” I said. I got up and pulled out my gym bag. I pulled out its contents and began filling it with the shit I would need for a few days, the usual, clothes, toothbrush, money, all that shit.

As I was throwing my possessions into the navy sports bag, I heard a crash from behind me. I turned to see Brian with his arms over his head, one leg lifted off the ground and his body hunched. I laughed when I saw the hundreds of books that were scattered around his form.

“You dick,” I stated.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pick them up,” he laughed, moving out of his position to begin picking up the books. At that moment, I heard the door to my room open and my mom and dad walk through.

“What in the world was that?” My mom shrieked.

“Brian knocked a loada shit over, and if you don’t mind knocking, we could have been engaging in extreme sex right now, your lucky that we weren’t,” I said, trying to state my point.

“Don’t take that tone with her, its not your fault you’ve ruined yourself,” my dad stepped in.

“Ruined myself? How the fuck have I ruined myself, just because I have a life now, and that I am actually happy for once, what do you expect? Do you want me to die a virgin, would that make you happy? Would you rather this or if I went out and got some girl up the duff?” I yelled, the fury in my voice was showing its nasty head, sort of like a bad spot.

“Well I-”

“There you go, come on, Brian, we are leaving,” I stated. I walked out the door with Brian hot on my tail, I could tell that when I come home I wouldn’t be greeted in open arms. If I come home.