Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter Five

We landed in Italy at their time of half twelve midday, in California, it would be half three in the morning, so we were pretty tired. I had ignored Brian and his homophobic remarks for the rest of the journey and had sworn in my head to avoid him at all costs. I watched him at the baggage pick-up with his bags, as he bent over to pick up his ski’s his eyes flashed at mine. I couldn’t figure him out lately, he was acting like we were best friends again, but then again he was acting like he wanted me dead.

“Baker.” I heard someone yell, it was the taxi dude. I grabbed my bags and my snowboard and walked over to him.

“That’s us.” I smiled looking behind me to see my parents rushing over to us. We arrived at the park and walked to the information and reception centre for our keys. My dad went and signed some shit and walked back out again, keys in hand. We walked over to the familiar cabin and opened it up. It was wood on the outside, brick, then wood on the inside, so you had the cabin feel and it was warm. I looked around to see that there was a few couches, a TV, loads of pictures on the walls and the fireplace was unbelievable, made out of wood and stone, it was definitely the centre piece to the room. I walked into the kitchen and saw it was pretty basic, stove, sink, fridge, table, chairs, the usual boring shit. I walked down the hall to find two bedrooms, both with double beds and wardrobes, but the one was an excessive amount bigger than the other. I walked to the smaller one and threw my stuff on the bed.

I cannot wait to get out on the slopes. Where nobody is there to disturb me, just me, the snow and my board.

I looked out of the window to see Brian and his parents in the cabin next to us. It wasn’t close to our cabin, it was sort of angled with the flow of the lake out front. I noticed on the walk here that there were only two cabins in this area, and it was a short distance from the town as well. I saw Brian putting his clothes into the wardrobe as his parents walked out of the room laughing. I went over to my bag and emptied its contents. Gloves, hat, sunglasses, photo album, iPod, cell phone, sun screen, spare lip rings and the thing in gonna need the most, my secret stash of Vodka.

I walked outside onto the decking and peered out onto the lake, it was so pretty. The mountains in front of the cabin were all climbers only, I wouldn’t want to go down there on a snowboard thank you. Fucking deathly. I turned and looked at the mountains behind, they looked like blankets they way they rolled across the sky. I walked along side the lake until I came to a large rock. I sat on the rock and dipped the tips of my fingers in the cool water.

“You will get aches if you do that.” I heard a yell from behind me. I turned to see Brian, in all his arrogant glory, with a cigarette in his fingers

“Cant you leave me the fuck alone?” I muttered as he stopped in front of me.

“Why would I want to do that?” he asked cockily

“Because you have don’t it for every day for the past three years, so why does now make any difference.”

“I don’t know. I don’t ignore you, I just don’t speak to you.”

“No, you just stand there and laugh when that Matt dick beats me to within an inch of my life.”

“I don’t laugh” he said

“No, you just stare, like it’s a movie.” I shouted

“What’s your problem anyway?” he asked

“The problem is that you were my best friend for years, and I went away and you didn’t want to know after that.”

“I made new friends, big deal!”

I stood up so I was at his level, even though he’s a hell of a lot taller than me “But we both know why you went and made new friends.” I said

"Dont bring that into this." He warned

"Why not?"

“Why? You kissed me first anyway. Why should I care?”

“Because you kissed me back!” I yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a long one.

But it says what happened between them.