Children of Hyrule

"Well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me Princess."

They laid me over one of the horses infront of a soldier. I was face down; it was humiliating. Each bump made my shoulder sear in pain. One thing shocked me though: How did I not not notice that Hilda was really Princess Midaena [prounciation: Me-Da-Ee-Na.]. She dyed her hair red, but I still should of realized. She was trying to talk to the soldiers, but they just paid no attention. We reached the castle. Falkor and Farid were far away; I told them to. I didn't want them in trouble.

The Soldier jerked my off the horse and threw me on the floor. I looked up and saw the King and Queen.

"Sires, we found him by the princess. The monster---all dead around him. He killed them all," the Soldier said.

"All!?" the King said.

"Yes m'lord."

The King looked at me. "What is with his arm?"

"Daddy! One of the monsters smahed it with their hammer!" Midaena said.

"What?" the King said. "Soldiers, is this correct?"

The soldiers looked at eachother. Then the Soldier spook up. "I don't know."

"Did you care to investigate this before you stormed up to my castle and waste my time?" the King growled.

"No ..." the Soldier looked down.

The King told him to leave, and not come back. As soon as the Soldier left, Impa came charging in carrying Sheik. The Nurse was running after them.

"Stop I----it's only to help----stop Impa----" the Nurse huffed.

"No! I shall take care of him! You know nothing of Sheikan practice!" Impa growled.

"Nurse, Impa, what is the meaning of this?" the Queen asked.

"I just wanted to undo his face wrap. He could have injuries---" the Nurse started.

"His head is fine!" Impa shouted. I got a good look at my friend, looking so frail in his mother's strong, muscley arms. His wrist and leg was bended in weird ways and his breathing looked labored. I saw that the bandages that wrapped his face were tangled, as if someone did start to undo it. My friend turned to me and his eyes gave me a weak sense of a weak smile. I smiled back.

"Let Impa treat him Nurse," the King said. The Nurse huffed and walked away. Impa looked down at me.

"Your bags are in Sheik's room," and she walked away. At the door she turned her head, looking down.

"Thank you[/i," she whispered.

Midaena went up and whispered into her father's ears.

"Really? Is it true?" the King asked me.

"What ... m'lord?" I asked, not knowing what to call him.

"You took down all eight monsters?"

"Well my dragon helped, but yes."

"Dragon! Hrmm," the King thought. "Soldiers! Bring the weapons!"

Weapons!? Is he giong to kill me? I shook all over.

Raven!? You need our help? Falkor's speech was getting better.

No ... But that didn't stop my shaking. I didn't want to look at Midaena.

"Raven?" the King said. "Look up son!"

I snapped my head up. He was holding ... the Great Fairy Sword!?

"Sire?" I said.

"It's only a replicia. But a very powerful one. Closest thing to the real one. I asked the Great Fairy of Northern Clock Town to make one," the King swung it back and forth. "It seems you showed great bravery and strenght. I ask of you a position. I can't have you as a guard, that would be to disrespect Impa, Sheik, and the lost Sheikan tribe. But when we leave the Castle Town, to go to the Termina lands, the Great Sea, and the New Hyrulean lands, I would like for you to come with us. You would be a grand addition to the guards."

"Wha-what?" I said. The King placed the sword, a mirror shield, and the fairy bow infront of me.

"They are yours now. Please think of my offer," the King said.

"I will. Sire," I said.

Midaena twirled down to me. "Please do. You're an amazing fighter."

"Thank you Princess Mida---" I started.

"Call me Midge okay?" she smiled. She kissed me on the top of my head. The King dismissed me and I went to get my bags. In Sheik's room, Sheik and Impa were on his bed. He was still banged up, but atleast his wrist and leg were straightened out.

"Sheik," I went to him.

"I'm fine," his voice was scratchy and harsh.

"We'll come visit you tomorrow. I have to come back anyway," I said.

"Why?" he cocked his head. I explained to him what the King asked me to do.

"Whoa! You'll be working with me!" Sheik smiled.

"Yea I know dude. It's awesome," I said. We bid farefell.

--------------------------------------------

The ride home to Kokiri Forest was a proud ride, I was going to be a somebody.