Chunkys

Chunkys

Chunkys

“Go Take 5!” Alexis says to me, her identical twin sister Charlotte. We were working at our parents’ coffee shop Bring on the Bean! until a food fight started and got us off task. “Whatever Skittles.” I reply, using my pet name for my twin.

“Just because you’re having a sour patch kids kind of day doesn’t mean you have to ruin mine!”

“She’s just trying to push your Buttons, Candy corn.” Our mother, Missy, assures me, grabbing Mike ‘n’ Ike’s baby formula from the microwave.

“Oh Almond Joy!” Our father, Harvey, exclaims while walking into back room and away from the front room where the football game is on the plasma screen TV. “The Red Hots are down by a Salted Nut Roll.”

“Baby Ruth,” Mom sighs, “don’t get into such a Twix over the silly football game. After all, it is just a game.” Dad huffs in reply.

“The game always gets Dad’s licorice in a twist.” I whisper to Lexie, evoking Snickers.

“You’re my favorite Flavored Tootsie Roll,” she sings, skipping out the door of the coffee shop and onto the sidewalk.

“You’re such a Starburst.” I scoff, following her out of the shop. “Where are we going?” I inquired after a few moments of silence.

“To Hershey’s Chocolate Bar of course!”

“Holly Cookies ‘n’ Cream batman!” Mrs. M ‘n’ M shouts when we saunter into the café. “Where the Salt Water Taffy are my brownies!? They’re supposed to be right here!” she exclaims, pointing at the counter. Lexie and I sit down at the bar just in time for Lollipop, Mrs. M ‘n’ M’s assistant, to pop out of the kitchen carrying a tray.

“Here they are!” she announces, a grin plastered to her porcelain face.

“This is just a Chunkys sort of day.” Mrs. M ‘n’ M sighs; plopping herself down into a stool next to my sister and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!