Status: Due to loss of inspiration, on Hiatus until further notice. Sorry

Here With You

One More Thing

“Well there goes being normal.” I mumbled, really wishing that Matt would kiss me again.

“What?”

“I said there goes being normal, like you guys.”

“Saph you are going to be the second most powerful vampire in history, do you know how cool that is?”

“Do you know how overwhelming that is? Yesterday I was just a girl who had found out the she is a vampire when she started a school just for vampires less than a week ago. Now today I found out that I’ll probably end up being the second most powerful vampire in history.”

“Good point, that is a lot.”

“So what happens now?”

“You tell your mom.” I didn’t say anything and I’m sure a look of fear overcame me. “What?” Matt asked.

“Spider!” I pointed towards the spider that was crawling towards my foot. Matt laughed and stepped on it.

“Thank you.” I told him feeling so embarrassed.

“You are scared of spiders?”

“Terrified.”

“Don’t let any of the popular asses find out. They’ll use it against you.”

“You aren’t gong to laugh at or make fun of me?”

“No.” I smiled at him.

“Come on, you need to tell your mom.”

“How exactly am I supposed to tell her?”

“Hey mom I have an elemental ability that only one other vampire has ever had in history.”

“You can stop saying that you know?”

“Why?”

“It’s a lot for me to take in.”

“Okay I’ll stop.”

“Thanks Matt.” We put the book back and left.

“There are still abilities that everyone has that you don’t know about.”

“Can we try those another night?”

“Yeah. Had your fill of finding out things you are able to do?”

“Yes.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Well since we just went out on our first date I’d hope you could.” He laughed and nodded.

“Why does drinking blood freak you out so much?”

“I don’t know. I guess it is just the fear of hurting someone.”

“I already told you that you can try mine.”

“I’m afraid of hurting you.”

“You won’t. You could always ask your mom for some of the blood from the donors.”

“True.” He looked at my face.

“You don’t want to do that do you?”

“No. How’d you taste it?”

“If you start as a freshman about a week or so into classes they give you s small taste of blood. But I’ll be honest with you, blood doesn’t taste as good from the donors. It’s cold and that is a shock the first few times. After a while the cold blood tastes just as good but not at first.”

“Thanks for the heads up.”

“You don’t have to be scared.”

“Easier said then done.”

“It doesn’t have to be.” I laughed and shook my head.

“Okay I’ll back off. But the day will come soon when you’ll see and want blood.”

“I’ve been around blood my whole life Matt. I’ve never wanted it.”

“You are here now. Once you are around adult vampires, know you are a vampire, and start using vampire abilities things change.”

“What things?”

“Your love of the night. Your night vision. Some other stuff, and finally you start wanting blood. It’s just how we are, it’s nothing weird. You get used to it.”

“Oh like it wasn’t a lot for you when you found out.”

“I found out years before I started here Saph. Both my parents are vampires remember?”

“Oh yeah. I’m the only one who had this thrown at me all at once.”

“Don’t think of it like that.”

“It’s hard not to.”

“True, I guess it kinda would be hard.”

“Is there anything else that comes with this elemental ability?”

“Well we studied the one vampire who had the one that you do in Sociology last year. It isn’t known if it was related to the elemental ability or not, but they could sense bad in people. Like see through what ever act they put on.”

“Wow. I hope it wasn’t related.”

“Why?”

“That’s a lot to bear Matt. What are you supposed to do if you see the bad in someone?”

“Once again good point. Hey the band is practicing tomorrow, you wanna watch?”

“Yeah.”

“Awesome.” Matt and I walked back to the dorm house talking about noting in particular and laughing most of the way back. The night still felt welcoming to me, and I liked that feeling.