Status: Due to loss of inspiration, on Hiatus until further notice. Sorry

Here With You

Heidi

“Christy you should eat lunch with Sapphire and her friends today, if you want to, I think you would have fun with them.” My mom suggested the following morning.

“I think it would be more like a late night snack for me instead of lunch.” She responded with a laugh.

“Yeah you should come. We won’t eat you.” Mary interjected.

“Yeah but watch out for Heidi.” Lilly added
“She very well might try and suck your blood, but we’ll gladly stop her.” Dani added with a smile.

“Gladly doesn’t even begin to cover it.” I heard Victoria say.

“I know that I would stop her very happily.” I growled.

“Um okay, I guess I’ll eat with you guys.” Christy said, obviously not understanding the situation about Heidi.

“Sweet. Do you want to meet me at the front of the school?”

“Nah, I’ll find it.”

I glanced up at the clock, knowing that it would be time for us to leave soon. It was easier having Christy know the truth. Pretending to be a normal human was exhausting. “I’ve gotta go girls. I’ll see you all in class.” My mom said as she grabbed her things and headed for the door.

“We better go too. I’m sure the guys are waiting.” I mumbled, knowing they would be. Mary, Lilly, Dani, and Victoria nodded in agreement.

“I’ll see you later.” Christy told me.

“Later.” Outside I was right, the five of them were waiting for us.

“Morning.” Matt said as he came over to me.

“Morning Matt.” I smiled back as he kissed my cheek.

We made it to our first class and sat down. “So Christy is going to eat lunch with us today.” I told him as we waited for Professor Kimberlin.

“Okay cool.”

“Maybe if we are lucky Heidi will start something and I can rip her head off.” I thought aloud. Matt laughed and shook his head. “What?”

“Nothing Saph.”

“Sure it’s nothing. Uh-huh. I believe you.” I said sarcastically.

“Good morning class.” Professor Kimberlin’s voice interrupted the conversation and drew everyone’s attention to her. Before I knew it we were all in the cafeteria, eating and talking.
Christy seemed to fit in with us oddly enough. The one human in this whole place, and it’s like she was one of us. But of course something had to go wrong, and it was exactly what I had expected to.

“Hi Matt.” The sleezy voice I’d grown to hate said from behind us. Like always I was sitting next to Matt.

“Go away Heidi.” He told her through clenched teeth.

“You know you don’t mean that.” She placed her hand on his shoulder. The growl from deep inside my chest was the result of this.

“Do you mind?” Heidi asked looking at me and motioning for me to move over.

“As a matter of fact I do mind. Remove your hand from my boyfriend’s shoulder. Now.”

“He was mine first remember that.”

“And remember that I’m the one who is dating him now. Remove your hand, now.”

“So protective.” I noticed that Christy was staring at Heidi with a shocked look.

“What, have you never saw a beautiful girl before?” Heidi asked Christy.

“For the millionth time, you are not beautiful. The guys look at you because you are wearing practically nothing! You are a slut!” I told her.

“She’s right. You went from normal girl, to complete slut. In a month’s time.” Matt added in still through clenched teeth.

“Why don’t you step aside Sapphire? He will always be mine.”

“How about you move your scrawny little ass before I make you move?”

“What if I don’t?”

“I will beat you so badly that you’ll wish that you’d never walked over here.”

“Is that a threat?”

“No. It’s a promise.”

“We’ll help her too!” Mary added enthusiastically.

“Damn right we will.” Lilly chipped in.
“So that is how many of us against you?” Dani asked. Then Heidi got a sniff. She sniffed the air again before looking at Christy.

“A human.” She stated.

“No we thought she was a turtle!” Sarah said throwing her hands in the air before glaring at Heidi. This caused everyone except Heidi to laugh a little.

“I’m serious Heidi, leave, now.” The growl was deeper this time, and I had stood up and my hands were balled into fists at my sides. My anger was getting the best of me.

“I’m not scared of you.” She told me.

“Saph, babe. Calm down.” Matt said standing up.

“What’s going on?” Christy asked.

“I don’t know.” I heard mumbled, and another answer. But I was only hearing two voices right now. Matt’s and Heidi’s.

“Saph, calm down. It’s okay.” I felt something snap inside as Heidi moved closer to him. My eyes burned red, and I noticed that the mist had appeared. It was red. Fire.

“Matt help me! She’s going to hurt me!” Heidi said looking at Matt. The red got brighter.

“No I’m not going to help you! I just want her to calm down so she doesn’t do something she will regret.” Matt told her. He was stuck. He couldn’t get in between us because the mist would burn him.

“Ouch! Damn it!” I said as I felt a sharp stabbing pain in the palm of one of my hands. I lifted it and saw that I had punctured it with my nails as blood seeped out. The mist was still present, but it was fading. And of course I was coming back.

“Leave before I lose my temper and I burn you to death without meaning to.” I growled at Heidi, who now ran away looking horrified.

“Think of water.” Matt told me as I began calming down. I listened and the fading mist turned into the dark blue almost sapphire glowing color. This was the color it had been the first time I’d found out about my ability.

“Okay I think you should be okay now.” I mumbled. He walked right up to me and took my hand.

“Wow, pissed much Saph?” He asked with a laugh. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t his normal laugh. Then I remembered why.
“I’m going to go wash my hand off okay? I’ll be right back.” I told him as I closed my fist. The mist was completely gone now. I was drying my hands off when Christy walked in and looked over at me.

“What just happened?” She asked.

“Heidi is Matt’s ex-girlfriend. She tried to bleed him dry. I hate her, obviously. I’ve tasted his blood Christy, and that means we have a bond with each other. That makes me protected of him by nature, and vise-versa. That was my ability. I haven’t figured out how to control my temper just yet with it, so that happens when I get really pissed off.” I explained, but there was more she wanted to know.

“What was going on with Matt when he saw your hand?”

“The sight and smell. My blood is a magnet to him. The bond we have. It means that if someone hurts me the smell of my blood will make him to whatever it takes to save me. When it’s just blood from something like that then it just makes him want my blood. It’s the same if it is the other way around.”

“You’ve drank his blood?”

“Yeah.”

“Has he drank yours?”

“Yup.”

“That sounds…well um…”

“Disgusting?”

“A little.”

“That is what I thought at first. But it is part of being a vampire. We don’t need it when we reach full maturity, but we will want it. We don’t need it that much now as it is. Just now and then.”

“I have to admit, that mist was one of the coolest things I’ve ever saw!”

“When it is red, stay away from it. It will burn you. Any other color won’t hurt you though.” I laughed.

“Can you control it?”

“When I’m not mad, yes. It will take some practice to control it when I’m mad though.”