Status: Due to loss of inspiration, on Hiatus until further notice. Sorry

Here With You

As Life Begins To Change

There was a faint beeping, and I ached all over. Like someone had ran me over with a car a few times. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was in a hospital. “Good morning sunshine.” A voice scared me, but I looked up at the door.

A nurse walked into the room to check the various machines around me. “Where am I?” I asked.

“The hospital.”

“Why?”

“Your father and step-mother beat you until you passed out.” It all rushed back to me.

“Where is Cynthia?”

“The little girl? She is in the next room.”

“Is she okay?”

“Beat up pretty badly, just like you. I’ll get the doctor.” She left and I looked around some more. My mind wondered to what was going to happen next. When the doctor appeared a cop was behind him. They explained that I hadn’t been hurt seriously, but they wanted to watch for signs of anything that meant internal injuries for the next few days.

“Miss Madison, I assume you already know that you cannot continue to live with your father and step-mother. They are in jail for child abuse.” The officer started.

“What happens to me and Cynthia?”

“Your sister will be readopted, and you will go to live with your mother in California.” Happiness, sadness, joy, relief, and worry overcame me all at once. I was going to live with mom! But something bad could happen to Cynthia.

“Have you talked to my mom about maybe her adopting Cynthia?”

“No we haven’t.”

“Could you? I don’t want anything bad to happen to her.”

“I will personally talk to your mother. She wants to call you as well. So you will be getting a call soon. I have to go now Miss Madison. Here is my card, call me if you need anything.” He left a card on the table in the room, then left.

“Relax for a while Sapphire, you will be out of this place soon enough.” The doctor told me before leaving. I waited the whole day for the phone to ring. I was shaking when I answered it. “Hello?”

“Sapphire! Sweetie!” My mom’s voice drifted into my ears.

“Mom I miss you do much!”

“I miss you too sweetie, but you’ll be coming here soon.”

“I know, they told me.” I stayed on the phone until the nurse said that the doctor needed to talk to me. He went over everything I’d need to know about when I left this place, including that I’d probably be sore for a few days. “And your friend brought this bag for you.” He pointed to my backpack that was lying on the floor, close to the bed.

“Okay.” I could guess what was in it already. He left a few minutes later and I opened the bag. Sure enough, in typical Christy fashion it had girly, fashion magazines, teen magazines, and everything else that I didn’t read. I kept looking until I found a book.

The next morning I started reading early since I had nothing else to do. “This came for you this morning.” A nurse said handing me a card. I opened it and started reading, before getting completely disgusted. It was a normal get well card, but the written note said:

So when you get out do you think we could see each other? And you know make-out? Trevor.

I rolled my eyes before tearing the card in half. I forgot it was a Sunday and there was school until the voice interrupted my thoughts. “Tearing up a get well card, that a new mean, even for you.” I looked up.

“Leave Trevor.” I snarled.

“Hey I’m just coming to check on you.”

“Get out.”

“I mean since I don’t have to worry about your parents getting mad or telling you to dump me any more.”

“You are an asshole, because of that they liked you. Which one of the millions of reasons I broke up with you.”

“Well how about my offer.”

“You are a pig. And for your information I’m moving to California as soon as I get out of here. You should seriously leave.”

“Fine. I see how it is.” He turned and left. I was so happy he was gone. I began reading the book again. I really couldn’t wait to leave. As soon as they were sure Cynthia nor I had any internal injuries, we were released. It was early in the morning, and a police officer took us to pack a bag to take with us.

Everything had already been packed and shipped to California. My mom wasn’t adopting Cynthia, but my aunt was. We packed the few clothes they left us, and Christy came by to tell us good-bye. Then we left for the airport.

I watched as everything in Miami flew past as the car headed towards the airport, were I would finally be going home. This time hopefully for good. As usual, the air port was busy, and getting through everything took a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please guys?