Status: Due to loss of inspiration, on Hiatus until further notice. Sorry

Here With You

Surprise, Surprise

“No Matt!” Lilly told Matt as we walked towards the rest of the group Monday after school. She pushed him away and took his usual spot beside me, making him groan in frustration again.

“Lilly you do realize that Saph is my girlfriend right? That gives me the right to hold her hand while we walk if I want to and she lets me on whichever side I choose that she allows me to. Now please will you stop threatening me?” Matt asked, glaring over at her yet again, causing me to burst into laughter.

“You do realize that I can kick you in between your legs and make you cry like a little girl right?” She asked with a sweet smile on her face and an evil glimmer in her eyes.

“Cry like a little girl?” Matt scoffed as he rolled his eyes. “I’d like to see you try Lilly.”

“Don’t challenge me Matthew.” She cut her eyes and they both stopped walking, which in turn made me stop since Matt was holding my left hand and Lilly had linked her arm with my right arm, and glared at him.

“Oh now you are using my full name huh? Scary Lilly, really scary.”

“Don’t tempt me Matt, I’ll do it and you know I will.”

“Bring it on Lilly, I am not afraid of you.”

“Oh my god will you two stop it? Matt seriously stop egging her on, and Lilly no kicking my boyfriend in the nuts alright?” I asked as I glanced between them, their expressions changing suddenly.

“You just said boyfriend, referring to me, and nuts in the same sentence. Both meaning me or mine. That is a first.” Matt stated, openly stunned at my choice of words. I rolled my eyes and sighed before looking over at Lilly.

“Alright fine. But only because you are more powerful than me and you are my friend. That is the only reason though, so you both know.” Lilly huffed as she looked forward towards everyone else, who were now watching us with confused looks on their faces.

“Okay good, now lets just keep walking.” I smiled in relief and pulled them both forward with me. Lilly’s eyes lit up when she saw Zacky and her pace quickened. “You can just let go Lilly, you don’t have to drag us.”

“She couldn’t drag me if she tried.” Matt laughed and Lilly stopped again. The glaring continued between the two of them and this time I just laughed.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means I am bigger and far stronger than you Lilly.”

“Oh yes you are such a macho, macho man Matt.”

“Zacky!” I yelled to stop them. “Come talk some sense into your girlfriend before she knocks Matt over the head with a heavy object and drags him away to prove her point! Hurry! Run!”

As I’m sure you can guess Saturday’s incident was long since put into the back of our minds since we had learned nothing about what it was. Matt and I had spent all day Sunday at the library trying to find out and yesterday had passed normally. Today frogs had randomly jumped out of Medea’s art bag (which was Lilly, Mary, Dani, and I’s handywork), everyone had thrown chips and Mary and Brian to break-up the make-out fest they’d had at lunch, and Heidi’s fork became mysteriously too hot to handle as she sat at the table next to us during lunch. All-in-all it had been a fairly normal day.

“Zacky!” Lilly yelled before jumping on his back when he reached us, the two grinning evilly at Matt and I.

“I do not like the look of that.” I mumbled to Matt as I shrank into his side, in an attempt to hide from whatever they were planning.

“I don’t either.” He whispered back, right before we took off running towards everyone else to get away from whatever Lilly and Zacky were up to.

“What the hell?” Mary asked as she burst into laughter.

“Lilly and Zacky both have that evil grinning thing going on.” I rushed out as I watched them talk where they still stood.

“You mean the Lilly and Zacky havic-causing grin?” Dani supplied.

“The one they get that means to hide before the pranks come?” Lola asked, hiding laughter as best as she could.

“Should we worry about finding random things that pop out at us at random times?” Rave wondered aloud.

“Maybe it isn’t for any of us.” Victoria suggested as Zacky approached us, Lilly still on his back.

“We have a plan.” Zacky stated as he stopped in front of us.

“What plan?” Matt asked as his arm wrapped around my shoulder, making me smile.

“A plan to carry-on the pranks against Medea.” Lilly grinned, making everyone sigh in relief. We were safe from their pranks for now.

“I like the sound of that!” Everyone else agreed just before the couple’s eyes darkened and narrowed at something behind us. The feeling bubbled up inside me again and I knew what was wrong before the words left their mouths.

“Medea is coming.” Their voices were low and as soon as the words were out everyone could hear her footsteps coming up behind us.

“Hello freaks that are immune to my powers, for now. I don’t see the need in hiding them since I’m sure you’ve already figured them out.” She greeted everyone as we turned to face her.

“Well surprise, surprise, the witch lived through the rain.” I spat, narrowing my eyes at her. She smiled in response and lifted her hand to shake mine. “You want me to touch that huh? Well I’m not going to. We aren’t friends and I’m not going to play nice with the enemy, so you know.”

“Ah Sapphire, the strongest vampire of us all. You already know that no matter what you do I will win. You are your friends,” She glared at everyone else before continuing. “are no match for me and everyone else. Unless you haven’t told them what will happen that is. Then please allow me to do the honors.”

“They know. You aren’t going to win Medea, I’m going to make sure of that. None of us are afraid of you. Why should we be? Because you think you are oh-so-strong? Well you aren’t. You don’t know what you are up against.”

“Heidi was right to pursue keeping you Matt. You can have Heidi and yet you choose her. Why is that? Because of her powers? Do you want something from them? Or do you really care about her? Don’t answer because it doesn’t really matter to me.”

“Leave, now. And I mean leave the city too. Go back to whatever hole of hell and evil you crawled out from, because if you don’t go back then I’ll force you back.”

“I’m not scared of you.”

“You should be.”

“I will see you around Sapphire.”

“Go to hell.”

“Oh and did your episode Saturday?” Her words made me freeze as she walked away, laughing her evil laugh, and it hit me hard. She’d somehow made that happen. She knew how to or she was going to make it come true in the future. Either way, I was screwed.

***

“That bitch can probably get into my head through visions! Of course she can! Nothing can be simple enough to have a world where she couldn’t!” I fumed as I paced in the living room. Everyone was sitting in different areas as we’d been discussing what to do about the evil bitch.

“Saph just calm down. We don’t know that. She could have spied on us for all we know.” Matt told me as he tried to keep me from pacing further.

“Nothing in my life could work out like that Matt! You know it and I know it!” I threw my hands in the air and broke free from his grip, only to pace more.

“Saph will you just listen to me for five minutes?!”

“What?”

“This is not over. We do not even know how she knows about Saturday so stop jumping to conclusions. You have far more power than she does and she knows it. You are a threat to her and her plan. Everything is going to work out fine.”

“And what if it doesn’t Matt? Then what? Because I’m honestly not sure that I’m going to know how in the hell to use my abilities against her! I have not had them that long and I have no idea what I am supposed to do!”

“You will figure it out and it isn’t like you are alone in all of this, you have us. You have all of us.”

“And I have plans to embarrass her in front of the whole school forming already!” Lilly announced as she jumped up.

“Me too!” Came from Dani and Mary at the same time.

“We’re in too.” Everyone else chipped in, making me sigh in relief. At least I wasn’t alone in all of this and embarrassing her didn’t sound half bad. I turned back to Matt who looked a lot calmer now that I wasn’t losing it and smile.

“Okay, you win. I’ll stop worrying about it for now.” He smiled and kissed my cheek, making everyone else groan and mumble complaints.

“Shut up guys.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please, please if you read leave a comment?? They make me happy and also make me want to write more simply because then I know people actually like the story... So please, I'm begging here!!