The Black parade

Disenchanted Part 1

"I can't do this anymore Virgil! I don't want to do this anymore! I'm supposed to find peace in death, and I haven't had any of that! I want this to end! Now!"

Virgil tapped his foot impatiently, his face turned away as usual, as if my words were stinging him.

"I hope you are done! Because we only have one last trial for you, and it is not going to be pleasant!"

"Well no shit! None of these trials have been pleasant! I have yet to have a pleasant one!" I screamed at him.

"All that you have to do is sit, sit and watch events of your past life that you missed out on. Things you never knew about your loved ones. You just have to sit, and watch." Virgil said calmly.

I was doubtful, "What's the catch? There is always a catch with these things!"

Virgil started to walk away, "Follow me, see for yourself!"

I sighed, suddenly tired, empty, and worn out.

"Will this take long? I just want this whole thing to end already" I moaned.

"Indeed it shall, nearly there now. Keep on it!" Virgil said encouragingly.

"We shall go and watch your life on the screen! We have a special theater set up for this occasion. I've already seen it, I hate the ending myself. But it honestly starts out with an alright scene, you'll see!"

Fear and Regret popped up behind me, lifting my frail body up as they half carried, half flew me to our destination.

"What's going on?" I asked either of them.

"We're not allowed to tell you."

"Yeah, you're gonna have to wait and see!"

I groaned my impatience.

Soon, a large amphitheater came into view. It's burnt out shell, crooked rusted seats and dusty floor sent a foreboding chill down my spine. My IV burned and stung for a moment, a few droplets of blood trickled out.

"Ow..man that stings!"

One of the twins nodded, "That means you're almost done with your legacy! Aren't you excited?!"

I smiled wryly, making my chapped lips split open, "Yeah, I guess. I never thought I'd be eager to die, well, to finally die and stay dead."

One of the twins giggled.

Eventually we started to pass over large throngs and masses of the black parade, they gathered around, finding any open seat, and standing in front of it. A vast ocean of black and shining brass. They all began to cheer at the sight of me, the roar of that crowd gave me so much heartache, to be adored and worshiped.

The twins set me down in front of a solitary rusted "Throne" at the head of the theater.
Virgil was standing stoically to my left.
I looked around, all the pale, dead faces staring straight ahead at me, as if waiting.
I slowly took my seat, and as soon as I was comfortable, every single person in that large auditorium took their seats at the same time. The sound of it was astonishing as it was deafening.

"Begin the viewing!" Virgil commanded.

Everyone turned their attention to the tattered faded screen at the very front of the theater.
All in attendance were quiet and attentive, their sunken eyes glued to the screen.

Virgil tapped me on the shoulder, "Watch, and see what was happening behind your back my boy!"

I faced the screen, licked my sandpaper lips, and prepared myself for the unspilled secrets to begin....