Your Hand in Mine

Your Name Is Scribed In My Heart

Gabe's P.O.V.
As I sat in my room, laying on the bed, it began to sink in that I told my best friend to leave. I kicked out the fragile girl that I loved so much. My stomach quenched. Did she leave?
I picked myself out of the bed and ran to her room, shoving it open- hoping to see her somber face, but what I found was an empty room. Tears clouded my eyes as I looked at the room- not a thing tracing that she had once lived here. She had actually left. Of course I think I had ever reason of getting mad, believeing Kierra, and yelling- but I wish I could take back those lines that made her flee.

I cursed Kierra for even getting me angry at my best friend. It had all started with her coming over anyways. I walked over to the bed and layed down in hopes of feeling comfort, smelling her lingering scent. As I rested my head on the mattress, curling up in a ball, and clenching the sheet in my hands letting the tears fall- I noticed a picture frame on the floor. Standing up, I slowly grabbed it- flipping it over to see it broken. A picture of us laying on the couch in the game room, cuddling, fast asleep sat behind the cracks of broken glass. I smiled remembering the day like it was yesterday. We had just played video games, and I was complaining of being tired- so we layed down on the couch, cuddled up to each other in a totally best friend sort of way and talked until we fell asleep- not knowing that we had began to be 'all over' each other whilst sleeping and ended up cuddling hardcore. Well, Ryan and Nate decided to pay us a visit and found it to their obligation to snap a thousand pictures of us. Finally, I awakened and stopped them, but made sure that Gracie was still fast asleep. I didn't move or stop cuddling with her- I just layed my head back down and went to sleep. Maybe that wasn't such a best friend thing to do, especially our lips being so close to touching.

I was angry about it at first because I hated being taunted, but Gracie found the humor in it- and loved the pictures. And now, I sit here looking at this picture of us, loving it more than I had ever loved it. Tears once again flowed out of my eyes. It'd never be the same.
And losing my best friend was all my fault.

Normal/Gracie's P.O.V.

I couldn't even touch my hot chocolate, so I let it warm my hands instead. It has turned rather cold lately. I guess since it's October it should be cold.

"You're going to be okay." Vicky assured me, unsure of herself, it sounded.

I glanced up at her for a moment and made no movement. I just returned to stare in to my cup of hot cocoa.

I sighed, "I'm sorry Vicky. I know you went through the trouble of making this- I just have lost any appetite."

She nodded in understandment and took my cup and let the warm liquid slither down the drain.

"Hey- Can I go on a walk?"

"Yeah, whatever makes you feel better." She said, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I simply walked to 'my' room to get my ipod. It sat nicely on the end table on the left side of my bed. I grabbed it up and walked out of the house, waving goodbye to Vicky. You'd think by now that I couldn't cry anymore but sure enough, tears made their ways to my eyes- escaping down my cheeks. I walked faster, aimlessly, turning up my ipod and letting the music flood through my thoughts.

We passed though like a nightmare falling down, without touching the ground.
This ghost and vacant eyes deceive thee, they've come to take me without words and silence.
with a hand now crushing hope this late kiss, you've come to make this my last night home.
I promised everything.
The necklace and those things you made will go with me everywhere I go.
Well, its not the end.
I wont pretend its impossible to fix what cant be broke.
I'm breathless and disconnected.

I clenched my jacket tighter around me, the cold air hitting me- flushing my cheeks even more and giving me goosebumps.

When does the rainbow break this darkness?
♠ ♠ ♠
So there ya go! Thanks guys for the comments. I didn't even know some of you read- please, readers in the shadows, comment! I love hearing from you guys. Your the reason I update! So comment, readers in the shadows, don't leave it up to the others.

<33 Comment, my babys.