Your Hand in Mine

Staring Straight In To My Eyes, You Couldn't Even

Alex and I sat in his hotel suite on the deck. He was playing a little guitar, and we were just talking. The anger had died down a while ago, but I didn't cry. My anger instilled hatred for both Gabe and William. I highly doubt I'd ever be able to feel the same about William, but for some reason, I just couldn't stay mad at Gabe. I wanted all of this to be over. Every single ounce of drama to be gone. A guitar was shoved in front of my face.

"Play." Alex demanded.

I hesintantly took it and begin to play for him. As the chords progressed, I begin to get lost in the music. Something I missed. A natural high took over me, and I couldn't help but smile.

"You need to start playing again. Do shows. Why'd you stop?"

"I- I don't know." I answered, honestly.

"Promise me something." He said, sounding serious.

I looked him in the eyes as he cupped my hands.

"Promise me that you'll start music again. Promise me you'll do shows. Promise me that, please." Alex practically begged.

I scanned over the idea and ended up with a positive answer.

"I promise."
--

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Alex and Nate screamed, jumping on the bed.

"Get. Off." I groaned, tossing until I got comfortable.

"Noooo!" They both sang.

I groaned yet again, "Ga-Vicky!" I screamed.

"Gabe?" Nate said with a smirk.

"N-no." I answered too quickly, stuttering.

"Yes. Do you miss him?" Nate asked becoming more serious.

I sat up and looked around the room. I knew if I looked at him in the eyes, he could tell I was lying. Of course I was mad at Gabe, but that still didn't stop me from wanting everything to be the same old same again. As for William, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive him.

"Look at me." Nate said, lightly taking his hand to my cheek and moving my head so I was looking at him.

"He misses you too."

"No he doesn't! All he cares about is that fucking whore and William!" I screamed, anger rushing through my veins. "He believed her over me! Me! I was supposed to be his fucking best friend! He's a bastard, and I never want to see him again! He...He was supposed to believe me. He was supposed to love me like I was his sister, and he kicked me out! He stood up for William after William was putting me down pretty much. After William had used me and everything! Yeah, yeah I miss him, but I never want to lay eyes on him- ever! I hate him! And worst of all, he practically called me a slut the other day. I hate him!" I screamed, standing up.

I'd never said I hated Gabe- Ever, and just as quick as it took me to say it, I regretted it. My body went limp, as I bit in to my cheek- trying to stop the tears forming me in my eyes. Falling to the floor, tears escaped and that was the end of it. I couldn't stop crying.

"Why don't you call him?" Nate said, crawling to the floor to hold me.

"I can't."

"Why not?" Nate asked, wiping away at some tears.

"Because he's not worth it!" Alex screamed all the sudden, causing Nate and I both to jump, shocked by the roar in his voice. "Look at how he has made her feel! Look how...fragile she looks. He doesn't deserve to be friends with her! She's a wonderful girl. She doesn't deserve this."

"Alex, Calm down." Nate breathed.

"No! I can't stand seeing her cry."

I stood up and walked out of the room, leaving them to their kitty fight.

"Vicky? Vicky!" I called, not finding her in the kitchen like I had expected.

I walked into the living room and towards the hall to the door and lest she was there with Gabe on the other side. She stepped sideways to let him in and as soon as he took one step in here, his eyes connected with mine. I could feel my heart jump a little and a knot to form in my stomach. He walked towards me- well towards the entering of the living room.

"Hi." He barely said above a whisper, timidly.

"H-hi." I croaked out.

We stood there awkwardly. The tension continued to rise until the point of where I was either going to break down, faint, or barf.

"Well how about we go enjoy some coffee and err...french toast!" Vicky demanded more than offered.

I turned around and headed towards the kitchen where Alex and Nate sat there, quietly, munching on muffins.

"Yo yo yo!" Alex screamed at me in a way better mood than before.

Nate smiled, and I sat in between them and let Vicky pour me coffee. Gabe had to sit infront of me causing me to not even be able to look up, so I stared at my coffee, hopelessly.

"Uhh..Vicky, how about those photo albums you were going to show us?" Nate piped up.

Vicky looked confused for a moment.

"Oh.Oh.Oooh! Yeah, they're in here." She said, leaving the kitchen.

Alex and Nate followed her looking 'interested', but I think we all knew that they were leaving to try to get Gabe and I to talk. So far, it wasn't working. We'd still glances at each other and sip on the cold coffee in our hands. I couldn't take it anymore and pushed away my coffee and left. I knew that if I went to my room, it wouldn't be the end of it. So instead, I grabbed my coat and ipod and walked out of the house as fast as I could. I could hear Gabe mutter 'damn' and his chair screaching against the tile floor.

I turned the ipod on full blast, trying to get these memories and thoughts out of my head.

Today is the day
The worst day of my life
You're so content it hurts me
I don't know why
The cost of misery
Is at an all time high
I keep it hidden
Close to the surface in sight


And with that, memories flooded my mind- his face, his eyes, his smirks- and one special memory. The day he said I could move in with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo, I had to chop this chapter up- it was too long. The other part of the chapter which will just be the same day but another chapter, will be out shortly. So I expect TWELVE comments!