Your Hand in Mine

When Past Comes To Present

I lay in the bed, staring up at the ceiling with tears running down my cheeks. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak, so I just let the music lull me to oblivion. My dad hated me, and I had no one now...or so it felt. And to top it all off, the only time that I felt happy was when I was around Gabe or Alex. I don't know what it is about Gabe, but he makes everything clear- maybe it's just the way he can make me laugh or maybe it's the way he's so strong in thought to try everything he can to mend these broken pieces.

But to tell you the truth, I don't want to go back to what I had. I thought I did, but as we hang out more- I just want something new. I wanted him to be in my life. There was a knock at my door, and I was utterly confused as to who it would be. My dad won't really speak to me much, but I opened the door anyways- in a pair of black sweats and a band tee, my hair tossled, and my eyes red, only to meet with those pair of comforting brown eyes. I could have died of emberassment. I brung my hand to my face, but he stopped me- cupping my face with one hand and wiping the tears for me. In that split moment, my heart sped up.


Thinking of that part, I laughed through the tears in my ears.
We lay in the bed for a few minutes. He just knew what to do- I really needed to just be silent for a few and to think. So he let me.

"What do you see in the ceiling?" He cracked up.

It wasn't even really funny, but I started laughing to.
I still don't know why we laughed, or even why he said it. My memory was cut off by a ringing in my pants and the turning track of the song.

"Hello?"

"Hey where did you go?"

"On a walk." I answered, Vicky, fast.

"You should be here." She said with a smile in her voice.

"Why?" I asked, quite annoyed, now.

I know. I'm a bitch.

"Gabe and Ryland are over, and they're dancing together and..and acting gay." She cracked up laughing, and I could hear Ryland and Gabe in the background.

I didn't laugh though. The thought of Gabe tears come to my eyes.

"No, I need this walk. Bye." I said, hanging up before she got the time to say anything else.

Noticing I was at the park, I sat down by a tree and let my head fall into my hands, bringing my knees to my chest. I let out a sigh.

"Missed me?" I heard a deep voice say and looked up, shocked by who was standing infront of me.


"Ni-Nick."
♠ ♠ ♠
I expect TWELVE comments because I updated twice.
And yeah, just so you know- Nick is Nick Renolds. If you can't remember that charcater, go back to the first chapter.