Your Hand in Mine

He's Just A Kiss I Won't Miss

As I made my way back in to my room, the sun was starting to come up. I quietly grabbed my guitar and walked in to the living room to sit by the window, watching the sun coming up as I lightly strum my guitar- making a beautiful melody.
I wonder if Gabe is watching this, too.

The sunrise came as a great inspiration, but how could it not? It was beautiful with the light pastels breaking over the horizon and shining light on the city. 'Giving some one out there another chance, refreshment, something new. A smile played on my lips as I thought of the many times Gabe and I would stay up all night and end up watching the sunset together on the deck. He'd always hold me in his arms, and I'd listen to the beat of his heart, eventually drifting to sleep. When I woke up, I'd still be in his arms, even if he were a wake. He knew how I hate being alone, so nomatter what- he'd always stay with me. We'd often sleep in until about 3 because of that, but neither of us cared because it was simply 'how we did'...'do'.

But as fast as my found happiness came, it vanished when my phone rang, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Hello?"

"We're going to hang out tonight." Nicks dreary voice demanded.

I couldn't swallow.

"How'd you know I was up?"

"I saw you walking from someones house."

He'd seen me? He'd watched me? I gulped.

"Why were you watching me?"

"Oh I don't know. Bored I guess." He began to chuckle. "I'm just joking. I saw you walking from my friends window. The house is across the park, I just assumed I'd call." His voice lightening with happiness.

I sighed in relief, the fear I had once felt vanished....just like my happiness had did only minutes ago. No matter how hard I tried to focus on anything, my thoughts began to replay yesterday.


"N-Nick." I stuttered, flabergasted.

What was he doing here?!

He smiled a familiar smile and sat down in front of me.

"I just moved here with Richie." He answered, calmly.

I assumed he wasn't up to anything major. Richie was an old friend of ours, from my old life. He was one of Nick's best friends, and he was dating my best friend, Daena.

"Awesome." I said in a fail of something to say.

"Yeah, I didn't suspect you'd be here. You know...you didn't have to leave after having sex with my brother."

"I didn't have sex with your fucking brother!" I screamed, finding my voice instead of this pathetic whimper I've been speaking with.

"Yeah, whatever you say. What's your number?"

"Why would i give you my number?"

"Because- we have a-" I began, but he gave me a warning glance that I knew all too well and stopped.

I sighed and replied with my number. He only smirked and put it in his phone.

"Thanks. Give me your phone."

I handed him mine, and he stored his number as well. He bent down and handed it back to me with a smile that used to drive me crazy. I slowly took it, my breath caught in my throat by the sudden closeness. Wet lips pressed to mine leaving me crawling in my skin and the taste of cola and menthols on my mouth.


I shuttered at the thought. Of course I was willing to give him a chance seeing that he hasn't harmed me yet and never has in the past, but I was afraid. And I didn't want him to be kissing me.

"Gracie? Gracie?" Nick called from the other end of the phone, pulling me out of my thoughts once again, but unlike before, I was thankful.

"Oh yeah? I'm sorry. I'm just tired. Hey, I'll give you a call later, okay?"

"Okay. Sleep well."

"Bye." I said, hanging up before he could say anything else and carrying myself to my room.

As I snuggled beneath the covers my thoughts from earlier were drained from my body like any other ounce of energy. I slowly shut my eyes and with one last thought, I slowly fell asleep.

I wonder how Gabe taste.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what comment gets ya, another update. =D

Come on, lets do it. Six comments.

I decided I wouldn't make Nick too bad of a dude.