Your Hand in Mine

There Is No Place Like Home

I opened my eyes, yawning widely. I looked to see it was only 9:30 too early for me to barely function when I was went to sleep at 6:57. So I decided I'd just lay for a few minutes before getting up to get coffee. I could hear ruccus outside the door- someone coming in and a conversation between that person and Vicky. Footsteps came down the hallway and stopped at my door. I pondered who it could be, but realized it could be anyone. The door opened softly and someone stepped in the room. I closed my eyes, faking sleep. They slowly tip toed over and got in the bed with me, wrapped their arms around me and pulling me towards them. I tried not to tense. I figured that would give it away. As I focused on the feel of the strong arms around me, I got a big wiff of their scent and knew right away who it was.

Gabe.

I tried my best not to squeal and hug him. Being in his arms made everything perfect again. A smile formed on my face, and I tossed over so I was facing him- my eyes still closed. I cuddled up to his chest as he rest his head on mine and lazily had his arms around me. He began to run his fingers through my hair, and I fakely began to wake up- fluttering my eyes open and pretendingly jumped at the site of him. He chuckled.

"Did you have a good sleep?"

"I had a good awakening." I smiled.

He began to remove his arms from me, and I groaned, causing him to chuckle and put them back around me.

"Who said I wanted you to move? I'm comfortable."

"I was going to start packing your things, missy, so you can move back in with me to our house."

I hugged on to him, "My things aren't going anywheres. They'll still be where they are when we wake back up."

"Okay." He whispered, caving, and kissing my forehead.

To be honest, I did feel like Gabe was mine at the split second and the feeling that took over me was remarkable. But instantly, I felt a hole in my heart. I shouldn't get a feeling like that about my best friend....right? A couple hours passed in each others arms before we got up and decided to pack my things. It only took a matter of thirty minutes with his hyper speed. We carried everything to the car and now only had to unpack it once again in his house anmd let me tell you, it can tire you out. When we were done, I crashed on my bed, groaning.

"What?" Gabe laughed.

"I'm. Tiiired." I whined.

"You only moved a few boxes."

"Oh well."

"Get up."

"Actually, I will. I need to pee." I said and scurried to the bathroom.

Gabe's P.O.V.

I chuckled at her cuteness and heard her phone going off. I finally found it in her purse and looked at the caller I.D.

Nick.

Something inside of me thought I knew who it was, but I couldn't be for certain.

"Hello?" I answered.

It was silent for a moment.

"H-hello? Is Gracie there?"

"Yeah she is. Who may this be?"

"This is Nick. Nick Renolds. I knew her a while back. Could you just tell her to call me back?"

Anger flared inside me. I could feel it practically pumping through my veins.

"Renolds?! Hell no I won't! I don't want you fucking talking to her!"

"Who are you? Her boyfriend?" He said smoothly, completely calm.

It just made me more angry.

"Maybe I am. I'm Gabe fucking Saporta, and I know who you are. Remember Midtown? Remember four years ago? Remember your fucking faggot ass brother? Yeah! Don't fucking call here!"

It was silent again.

"I love your music."

I hung up the phone, almost throwing it but stopping myself.

"You can't just do that, Gabe! That was Nick, wasn't it?" She said from the doorway.
I could hear the anger in her voice, but it didn't stop me from my rampage.

"How could you talk to him? How?" I bellowed.

"He used to be my best friend. He was my first love. He meant everything to me, Gabe, and it wasn't him that did anything- It was his brother. I'm not going to condemn him anymore for it."

"But it's his brother! He probably stood up for him. He- he put you in that situation!"

"No! He didn't know, and I chose to go out that night!" She screamed back, anger flashing her eyes.

"I don't want you talking to him."

"Yeah? Well, you can't tell me who I can talk to or not!" She screamed and walked away.

Once again...I fucked up. I just hope this time I don't have to pay a horrible price this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, you got to see things in Gabes eyes too. =P
Yay!

Anyways. I didn't get as many comments as I would have liked, but I needed to put this out.
Please comments. You know how I do. No less than six.