Your Hand in Mine

I'd Give You The World If I Could

"Go get changed in to something comfortable or whatever because I RENTED OUT AN AMUSEMENT PARK!" He screamed, happily.

I squealed. "Are you serious?!"

He nodded, and I hugged him tight.

"Gabe that is so amazing!" I laughed.

He was all smiles, "Just go get something to wear, Kaaay?"

I nodded and rushed up the stairs. Gabe had to be the best, best friend in the world. I grabbed some new clothes and quickly put them on and ran down the stairs.

"READY!" I screamed, excitedly.

He laughed and got up. His attire had changed too. He was now wearing short shorts and a shirt. I laughed, and he gave me one of his infamous looks.

"What?" He asked, an eyebrown cocked.

"Nothing, Gabe, nothing."

He shrugged and pulled me to the car. The whole 20 minute car ride to the amusement park Gabe was screaming the words to Britney Spears, keeping me laughing. We got out and at the split second, my stomach let out a growl. He looked over at me, smiling.

"Do you want something to eat?"

Nodding, I smiled. Gabe walked up to the big gates and unlocked them, then went in to some closet looking thing and turned on the rides.

"Gaaabe." A man, obviously the owner, chimed in over a small chatter that broke out.

"Hey, Mr. Rogers."

"Well, all the conductors are here and are ready to work. I hope everything goes well. If you need anything, feel free to call me." He said, patting his shoulder, and walking away.

Gabe grabbed my hand and rushed me over to the food section of the amusement park. We ordered fries and milk shakes and sat at one of the many benches. It felt awesome and kind of weird being in an amusement park with no people. I took the top off of my drink and began dipping my fries in the yummy vanilla ice cream.

"So, have you talked to Nick?" Gabe asked, casually.

"He sent me a text this morning, but I haven't read it or responded."

"So, are you planning to get serious with him again?" He asked, more timidly, now.

"I don't 'plan' anything, except for getting friendship for right now."

"Well, if you were to date...would we still have us time?"

I shrugged, "Does it matter?"

"Yeah. You're my best friend."

"But when it comes to me, you always leave me for a girl."

"Only that once, and I didn't even mean it." He said, looking genuinely hurt.

"Well, I don't know. We'll just see what happens."

"Yeah." Gabe said, "We'll see what happens."

When I was younger, things were so much more simple than they are now. When I woke up in the morning I knew what would happen, where I would be going, what I would eat for lunch, and I knew that my mom would be there with a smile on her face the whole time. I knew daddy would come home at 7, just in time for dinner, and I knew he'd read me a bed time story at night.

Now, I'm lingering on 'We'll See's' and 'Possiblies'.

I miss the comfort of knowing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a horrible chapter. Absolutely HORRIBLE. I know. Bare with me. This day isn't over, and I'm sorry for not updating. My computer crashed, and I lost every bit of my fucking files. Which resulted in me having to rewrite all this and not being able to remember what I wrote or had planned or anything- so this is a five minute filler. It sucks, I know. I'm really sorry. Really.

Give me atleast 8 comments.