Your Hand in Mine

We Just Want To Live It Up

"Are you ready?" Gabe screamed.

"Yeah." I said, walking out of my room with a smile on my face.

"Finally." He mummbled as we walked out of the house and to the car.

He revved up the engine as I pushed down my shades, and we took off. My hand made contact with the radio and soon Gym Class Heroes was flooding the car.

"White giiirrl so fine." Gabe sang along with Travis.

I giggled as the song ended and put in another CD.

"Where is it? Where is it?" I repeated, looking through a big stack of CD's.

"AHA!" I screamed, finding exactly the CD I was looking for.

I turned it to track 8. As the chorus came around, I couldn't help but to scream at the top of my lungs.

"Break out, break out,
as we escape through the windows,
head for the car, and never look back, singing-singing,
Break out, break out,
Our time has come and we've got these big city dreams."

Gabe looked at me, as I sang along, and chuckled to himself. We pulled up to Alex's house, and I ran out, excitedly. Gabe dragged behind me, not as excited.

"GABE! GRACIE!" Everyone screamed, as we walked to the back of the place where the pool and everyone was at.

Gabe and I walked over to William who was just leaning against the glass doors that linked inside to the kitchen, drinking a beverage and looking rather bored.

"Gabe!"

"William!"

They both screamed in unison, hugging each other. I giggled at their odd behavior and looked to the small stage Alex had set up. At the moment, We The Kings were playing and having fun. Some people were rocking out, drinking, mingling, swimming, running about, or just laying out. I smiled and walked up to Vicky- getting hi's from different people. She smiled at me, as I put my arms around her neck whilst she talked to some guys girlfriend.

"Hey Vicky, want to get in the pool?"

"Yeah, sure." She said, standing up from the seat on the bench she was sitting at. "It was nice meeting you. Talk later." She said to the brown- haired girl across from her before lacing arms with me.

"Do you want to go inside and change into bathing suites? I don't have my own underneath."

"Yeah, sure." I said as we made our way across the yard and into the house, pushing past an annoying Gabe and William.

As Vicky changed into her bathing suit, I just slipped my clothes off and fixed my appearance- freshening my make up, hair, making sure nothing fell out.

"Gracie. You're gorgeous- now lets go."

I looked in the mirror with a look of distaste.

"I want to change my hair."

"We can do that next week or so."

"Okay." I sighed, as we walked back outside.

All Time Low was just getting on the stage. I squealed excited that they were here and ran up to them. They began to perform and Alex stared at me with a big smile smeared on his face. My heart sped up. His hair fell in his face, and they began to play songs such as 'Break out! Break out!', 'Shameless', 'Dear Maria Count Me In', and now...one of my all time favorite- Stay Awake. I jumped around with Vicky, having a good time, my hands in my hair, singing along.

"You aint the only ones that want to live it up! You aint the only one!" Everyone around me screamed.

They all jumped off stage and instantly I was tackled with hugs.

"Hey pretty lady! We haven't seen you in what? A month or two!"

"Yeah, I know!" I said as we all began to catch up.

"It looks like you've been keeping up with that body of yours though." Alex commented with twinkling eyes and a flirtacious smile.

I giggled, flattered, a slight blush protruding on my cheeks. He smiled that cheesy 'I know you're digging it' smile which caused me to blush even more. The others scurried off but Alex stayed with me with his flirtacious eyes and charming smile. Or perhaps it was the other way around. Either way, he was gorgeous and could make my heart stop- or give me a heartattack. I giggled as he whispered something cheesy in my ear.

"Do you want to get some fries?" Alex asked with an unsure grin.

I nodded, and we laced arms- making our way to the benches with all kinds of food on them. I dipped a fry in ketchup and munched on it.

"Finally! A beautiful girl that allows herself to eat."

I giggled.

"I'm serious! If the girl is pretty, she's like 'eww fries? Are you fucking serious? No carbs on this body'!" Alex mimicked in the girliest voice he could manage running his hand down the side of his body causing me to laugh histerically.

"Well, I like food. I'll worry about not eating when I'm 30 and it starts sticking to me like glue."

"God! I've missed you. I miss when you used to live closer to me, and we hanged out everyday."

"Still have that huge crush on me?" I giggled, swallowing another fry.

He blushed.

"Oh a blush from the famous Alex Gaskarth?" I gasped.

A giggle escaped my lips, and he smiled.

"One only you can cause, baby." He said, smoothly, trying to regain his composure.

We finished up a plate of fries together, drowning it down with some punch and alcohol. The party really was a smash! Live music was blaring, people were moshing and dancing, sitting by the pool side, swimming, playing random games, talking, making out, eating, grilling, but all I could really focus on was Alex's gorgeous face.

"Lets go dance." He said as they threw on some dance music.

I smiled and we got up, moving towards a dance floor that was set up and began grinding against each other. My back pressed against his chest and for a moment, my hand in the mess of his hair. I was lossed in the music and the touch of his bare skin to mine. His eyes being hypnotic- drawing me in more everytime we'd get the chance to look at each other.

Gabe's P.O.V.

"Looks like Alex is finally getting to Gracie." William told me, as we made our ways over to get more to drink.

I looked to wear his arm had pointed moments ago to see Alex rubbing up against her as they danced- too close and to sexual for my liking. I grunted, rolling my eyes. A boiling sensation made it's way in the pit of my stomach, and I felt like ripping him away from her. It looked like he was just trying to get in her pants and that is one thing I'd make sure he'd never do.

"Dude. Do you like Gracie?" William asked, peeking up at me with his eyes.

"No, man. I just feel like she's my sister, you know? And I don't want any guys trying to fuck her. I mean she's my little Gracie. I don't feel intimate towards her- I don't want to be involved with her, it's just.."

"I get it." William said, throwing up his hands.

"I didn't-"

"I know." He cut me off, "But it looks like Alex is finally getting what he's wanted- Gracie is really digging him back."

"All I know is he better not hurt her." I said, staring at them with discomfort.

It's not that I liked Gracie. I just didn't want her hurt. I've only seen her hurt a few times and everytime I would see her face distort with a pained expression and her eyes well up with tears- It plunged at my heart. I can't take it. She's like my sister, and I want her to be happy. I've tried my hardest over the years to ensure her happiness, and I didn't need some lush like Alex Gaskarth coming and ruining it now.
I furrowed my brow and turned away.

Normal/ Gracie's P.O.V.

"Hey, do you want to take a walk?" Alex whispered in my ear over my whispered.

"Okay." I replied, disconnecting our bodies.

He laced our hands together, and we made our ways across the yard.

"Where are you going?" Nate stopped me.

"Alex and I are going on a walk."

"Did you tell Gabe?"

"No. He's not my father."

"I was just wondering. I mean he is your ride though."

"Right- well, go tell him for me."

Nate nodded and walked away, and Alex and I continued our journey. As we walked down the street, hands laced together, we just..talked and enjoyed time together. I could barely say anything due to my heart beating way to fast, my breathing pattern messed up, and all the thoughts of Alex running through my head.

"Have you written any new songs lately?"

"Yeah. A few. Would you like to come by tomorrow and listen to them?"

"Yeah, of course. I've been meaning to talk to you about that- would you like to write a song with me or something? I miss playing with you. I miss being around you. I just miss you."

"I've missed you Alex." I said, turning to look at him.

He smiled a sheepish smile and tackled me down in someones yard. We giggled as we wrestled, playing around. I got on his back, and we ran back to Alex's party. Gabe shot me a 'are you sure your safe' look, and I smiled a 'yeah'. He winked and went back to talking to some girl. When I looked back at Alex, he was smiling down at me.

"Would you like to hang out tomorrow and maybe- go on a date with me?" He asked, rocking on his heels.

"Yeah, that sounds fun. I'd love to."

He smiled and pressed his warm, soft lips to my cheek.

"Well, I think we're going to head out. I'll call you later." He said, wrapping me in a huge before the rest of All Time Low came over to give me hugs before leaving.

Gabe ran over to me.

"Lets have a pool fight!" He screamed, hyperly.

I laughed and nodded. So here it was. Vicky on Williams shoulders, and me on Gabe's shoulders trying to get each other to fall. But as I got a good grip on her shoulders, I yanked her to the side, getting her unsteady and pushed her with all I had in me- and they both fell in the water. Gabe and I screamed in excitement along with everyone else. Another person came up to battle me- some blonde haired bimbo that was flirting with Gabe earlier. As I looked at her, a fire arose in my chest. She got on Williams shoulders, and Gabe gripped tigher on my legs- sending chills throughout my body.

One pull.
She pushes me.
Push with all my anger- and down she goes! Except this time, William didn't go down, and everyone laughed at the site of her screaming and falling. And now that I had accomplished that- all I could think about was one person. Alex Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know this is rather long, and it wasn't such a great part either. Just a lame part, no Gabe- no, no one from Cobra Starship. The most is that it was Alex's party. The is not a slash. I'm just using Alex Gaskarth for the time being. [: So please don't get mad!

Can anyone see where this is going?

I think this part is rather long.

Anyways! Thanks to everyone that has read, commented, and subscribed.
I love you sooo much! I think the fans of this story is the best fans I've ever had and anyone has had. You guys really rock! But I'd like more people to comment, and I'd like more readers. So if you do think it's good or is going to get good eventually after all of these fillers- will you please please please try to get the word out there and rate it high? lol. =P
Thanks so much!