Your Hand in Mine

If I Don't Make You Feel Anything At All- It's Me

My palms were sweaty. My heart was racing, and I had those incesant butterflys in my stomach. I was nervous. I was excited. I was crushing on Alex Gaskarth. After the many years of him trying to get with me, and me not even giving him chance- here I am, practically falling at his feet. Gabe walked through my room, as I continued to stare at my reflection in the mirror- secretly hoping that every flaw would just up and vanish.

"You look pretty, Gracie. Why do you care so much? You never care what people think." He said with a somber voice and a confused look.

I stared at his eyes through the mirror. They looked concerned, and I hated it. I hated that he was caring about my well being- I mean, I'm glad and thankful he does, but not when it puts him in a cost for his own. I don't need him being worried or angry because Alex can do this to me, etc.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Another voice said.

I saw Alex standing at the doorway, and instantly smiled. He stuck his hands in his pants, shyly.

"Are you ready?" He asked, looking up at me from under his eyebrows- you know how when you have your head tilted and you look up at someone with your eyes, like that.

I nodded and turned towards Gabe.

"I'll see you later, okay?"

He nodded and wrapped me in a hug. I walked over to Alex with a smile on my face and instantly confidence washed over me. He had a way of doing that, too. We laced fingers and walked out to the car where he was a gentlemen and opened up the door for me. He always did have great manners. We got in the car, and he revved up the engine, pulling out of the driveway and down the street. Converstion erupted naturally between us. Alex rolled down the roof top and turned up the radio. The drive was long, but we chatted it up- and he'd snap pictures of us, randomly. It was a lot of fun, especially since he was almost going off the side of the rode. As the car stopped, I looked to see the ocean in view. Alex smiled, and we got out, lacing hands once again and walking along the beach. He lead me down to a quiet, reserved place- not like there was anyone there anyways- where a picnic was set up.

"Aww Alex."

He blushed, and I could only smile. We sat down on the cloth and stared at the ocean with the sun setting perfectly. He opened up the basket pulling out salads and fruites. We began to eat our salads- sipping on some yummy tea.

"Gracie- I've always thought you were the prettiest girl. There's just something about you that I love so much."

I blushed and turned to him, all smiles. "I've always thought you were wonderful Alex, such the charmer, and completely cute."

He blushed a little before turning his head out to the ocean.

"Do you think we could ever be together?" He asked, a spark of hope in his voice.

I gulped, "I think we could."

"Good because I'd hate to go through my life knowing that I wouldn't be able to call you mine. I don't want to get in a relationship with you right now because we're going on tour in a couple weeks. But promise me that when I get back- You're mine?" He asked, cutely, biting his lip.

I nodded and hugged on to him. It was chilly out, and I was dying to be in someones arms- his arms. But when he wrapped his arms around me, it didn't have as much effect on me as I had wanted. I frowned to myself a little but pushed the thought away. He leaned his head down and planted small kisses on my head. We pulled away from each other and began eating the fruit he had prepared. I bit my lip as he put half of a strawberry in his mouth and leaned so I could take in the other half. I tilted my head a little bit and bit in to the sweet strawberry- our lips clashing together. Butterflys filled my stomach as we continued to do this. Soon, he was just staring at me, a little with lust, and slowly our lips met. It started with soft, gentle, kisses and turned in to a heavy make out session. As our tongues intertwined, we layed back in the sand and continued our make out session. After a good thirty minutes or so, we broke the kiss and stared at each other- giving each other small pecks on the lips.

"How about an ice cream?" He asked, cutely.

I giggled and nodded, "Sure."

He helped me up, and we walked over to a concession stand and ordered two pink cotton-candy flavored ice cream cones with rainbow sprinkles. It was pretty much dark now, as we took off our shoes and went walking along the shore- letting the cold water splash on our feet.

"This has been a great day." Alex commented, as he finished off his ice cream.

"I agree."

He rocked on his heels.

"I guess I better get you back home."

I giggled, lightly, and nodded- walking to the car.
When we got to my house, he walked me to the door.

"Would you like to do this again sometime soon?"

"Yeah, definately."

"How about Saturday night?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah that sounds great."

"Okay. Well, I'll call you later." He said and began to lean down to give me a kiss when the door opened.

"Oooohhh! Someone was getting it on out here. Well, excuse me. I was just going to get a book out of my car." Nate said, scooching past us.

We blushed and looked at each other, now too afraid to do anything. He wrapped his arms around me and lightly pecked me on the lips.

"Goodnight, Gracie."

" 'Night Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this part didn't have any Gabe in it, really, but you know this story's main character is Gracie- not Gabe. So, of course, you have to have her life- not just her life with Gabe, or you're not getting the complete story. So bear with me, he is coming back in the next part.
<33

By the way, I'd like you to know that this date was on a Thursday. =P

Memo:
Putting Alex, which I had to put someone in there anyways, has left me stumped. Because now I don't know what to write next. I know what has to happen, when, and where this story is going so far- but I have to have a somewhat filler part with Gabe, and I can't seem to think of a good one. Share your ideas in comments! Oh and by the way, I think I deserve a lot of comments because I've been updating A LOT for you gals.