Your Hand in Mine

Storms and Gashes

I lay in my bed, incapable of sleep, thinking over my messed up feelings over the last couple days. A big clash of thunder hit, striking lightening through the sky. I cuddled up in the covers more, trying to not think of the storm going on around me. You see, I am terribly afraid of storms, but I didn't really want to go running to Gabe either, so I suffered through it. Well, for as long as I could. I had on my music so it could help sooth me to sleep, but when thunder crashed and cut off all the power, I started to freak out. I instantly got up from the bed and made my way to Gabes room.

"Gabe?"

"Gracie? I was just about to come get you. I was hoping you were asleep already."

"I wasn't able to sleep and then the storm started."

"Why did you come sooner?" He asked, a hint of hurt in his voice.

I guess I would feel kind of hurt if he always ran to me then started liking someone, spending less time with me when usually it's always us, and then decided he didn't need me anymore. I sighed.

"Well, I didn't want to bother you, and I was having serious thoughts about things."

"Oh." He said dully, "Well, we need to-"

The sirens cut him off.

"Gabe!" I screamed in fright.

"Okay, just calm down, Gracie. Stay in here, I am going to get some candles and flashlights, and we'll go downstairs." He told me without an ounce of fear heard in his voice.

He walked out of the room, and I cuddled in the sheets on the bed- trying to block out any noise and lightening. The winds had picked up, and you could hear trees crackling and objects ramming into things or being flown around. My heart was pounding. I was scared. Gabe rushed in the room and told me to come downstairs with him. I held on to his hand as we made our way down to the basement. It was a good thing he turned the basement into another apartment pretty much. I sat down on the couch in the game room, more comforted by the laterns and such lit. The thunder, wind, and rain was blocked out by the walls down here which are sound proof, and I couldn't see the lighting. But I was still scared. Oh was I. Gabe had left the room, all the way to the kitchen down here to get the radio. He came back looking more worried before.

"What'd they say, Gabe?"

"Nothing, Gracie, nothing." He breathed.

"You're lying." I said, pushing him off of me.

He looked shocked and hurt. My insides twisted, but I hated when he lied to me. He nodded.

"We're having a tornadoe. It's close by- on Wilmer street."

"Nate!" I screamed.

Gabe nodded and held on to me as I cried into his bare chest.

"He's going to be okay. It's fine. Hey! Lets play ping pong."

I giggled a little and a smirk appeared on his face as we got up.

"Ha! I won again, Mr.Saporta."

"Only because I can barely see."

"The whole table is lit up!"

He chuckled. Just then, the door slammed open. I screamed and rushed to Gabes side.

"It's okay. It's just me..I mean us." A familiar voice said.

As they stepped in to the light, I saw it was Ryland, Nate, Alex, and some chick. I wondered where Vicky was- expecting her to be there but sadly remembered she had gone to visit her grandmother for a week. I sighed.

"Kierra!" Gabe screamed, practically shoving me out of the way to get to her.

He wrapped her in a warm embrace as she giggled. I couldn't stop staring at them, my insides twisting. I looked away and walked over to the couch, cuddling up on it. Gabe hadn't disconnected from each other. He held her from behind, and she soaked in the glory. I tried to look at her. As she stepped close to light, I saw that her hair was a boring brown color with no such cut but bangs. She was stick thin with no figure, and had a gab between her teeth. Her eyes were a dull brown, and her skin looked like she smoked too many ciggarettes. I could puke how she was so sleezy.

"Who is she?" I whispered to Alex, forgetting the storm around us.

"Some girl that is visiting some dude across the street from Nate. She wouldn't leave us alone. Gabe met her a little bit ago. I guess he likes her."

Even through the thick walls, I heard crashes from the upstairs- windows breaking. I grabbed on to him, and he held me tight, as I snuggled deeper and deeper in to his chest. The fear was replaced one again in my chest.

"Alex, are we going to die?" I whimpered.

"No, sweetie. We'll be just fine."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Another bang excluded the room, and everyone had fear written on their faces. Alex comforted me, yes, but Gabe made me feel more safe. It felt like a hole was in my heart with a sinking feeling in my stomach. Alex. (Gaskarth) I needed Alex- to know he was okay. I cried at the thought.

"What's wrong?" Alex whispered in to my ear.

"I'm scared for all of my friends and Alex."

He nodded and held on to me more.

"It's going to be okay."

Alex was leaving in the morning. We had already had our final date yesterday, and an even bigger hole was in my chest. I sat up and glanced at Gabe. He was holding on to the girl but looking at me. My phone began ringing.

"Hello?"

"Gracie! Are you okay?" Alex practically screamed, obviously shaken.

"Yeah. Are you? Where are you? Are you crazy? You can't call me! How are the lines working? You're crazy!" I said, rushed.

He chuckled.

"I don't know, but it happened. I am crazy- over you. I just wanted to check on you. I am in the car, riding around, looking at this huge storm."

"Get out of the car, you idiot!"

"Well, I was out- I ran in to it coming home."

"Where were you at?" I asked, confused.

"Get off the phone, Gracie!" Gabe screamed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, near your neighborhood."

"The-The tornadoe is by our house?"

"It's near. You know that street you go down to go past the streets you want to go down?
Well the tornadoe was in the woods/ park."

"Oh my god. Well, where are the guys?"

"At the hotel. They're all fine. Don't worry."

"Come to the house. You can't be out there."

"Okay. I'll be right there." He said and the line went dead.

I rushed from Alex's grip to go upstairs.

"Gracie! You can't go up there! Windows are busting and everything!" Gabe screamed, as I flung the door open.

I didn't listen and rushed up there. I slipped on a pair of Gabes shoes and fell in to broken glass- a shard cutting my arm. I screamed and grabbed on to my arm, tears springing to my eyes.

"Baby are you okay!?" Alex (Gaskarth) screamed, rushing to my aid.

"I'm- I don't know. It hurts." I cried.

There was no light in the house or outside, so I could barely see him or the fear written on his face. I couldn't even see how bad the cut was. However, there was blood pouring down my arm- on my hand. I felt his face and kissed his lips tenderly. He smiled between the kiss.

"Lets get downstairs." I said.

He nodded and grabbed on to me, leading me to the stairs. We walked into the game room where everyone was. Ryland gasped.

"Gracie! What happened?!" He screamed, his face full of shock.

"What?!" Gabe screamed, jumping up and rushing over to me.

He moved my hand.

"Oh god. Ryland go get the first aid kit from the bathroom."

Ryland nodded and rushed out of the room. In a matter of minutes he was back with a huge first-aid kit. Gabe cleaned it causing me to be in a great deal of pain- the wound stinging as if it were on fire. He slipped on gloves and lightly manuvered some sort of ointment on it then carefully put about thirteen butterfly stitches on it and guaged it. The pressure hurt, but it stopped the bleeding and that is all that matters, at the moment.

"Gabe you're ignoring me." Kierra whined.

I rolled my eyes.

"Go to your princess." I spat and walked to Alex who was staring at me the entire time.

He smiled, as I layed down with him and cuddled up to his chest. Somewheres between the glares from Gabe, the kisses, whispering sweet nothings to each other, and him rubbing my head, we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm too good to you people. I tried to not update, but for some reason- I can't do it.
Well, I know why because some of the people that do comment- are too awesome to be mean to. =P You know who you are.

Honestly guys, please comment.