What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter One

This was exactly what I needed in everyway. The warm sun, slowly but surely turning my skin a deep bronze, the calming sound of the waves hitting the beach in a soothingly rhythmic pattern.

Yes, this was just what I needed.

My perfect moment of total relaxation was interrupted by the loud, unorthodox sound of my phone buzzing on the table next to me. I sighed. I was here for two weeks, I would find peace again.

''What is so important that you had to disturb my vacation?'' I asked after reading my best friend's name on the caller ID.

''So I take it you're having fun?'' Jessica asked.

''I was until I was so rudely interrupted.'' I joked and she laughed.

''So, what's your current status?'' she asked and I was a little confused at first.

''I haven't met anyone! I've barely been here three days! And besides, who says I'm going to meet anyone? I'm on this trip to try and forget the last horrible relationship I was in, not trying to find a new one.'' I told her.

My last relationship with a guy named Alex, lasted almost two months before I caught him cheating with some whore in the back seat of my car. The nerve of some people.

Suffice to say I broke it off with him right then and there. That was not the first of my relationships to go up in flames. Lately, they all had been doing just that.

I told my dad what had happened and he had suggested taking a vacation. I'd always been close with my dad and I knew he would know just what I needed. He knew a place that was relatively unknown, therefore quite private.

My family was very well off thanks to the successful business that my father owns and I very graciously accepted his offer.

He called a guy, who called a guy, and the next day I was on a flight to this relatively private, little known island.

''I suppose you're right. Oh well, I'm just saying, if you did happen to meet someone, I would need to hear every dirty detail when you got home.'' Jessica said and I could hear the smirk in her voice.

''Alright Jess, I'll see you when I get back.'' I said.

''Bye love.'' She said.

''Bye.'' I replied and then hung up.

I took a deep breath and leaned back on my lounge chair, trying to reach the level of relaxation I had had before. It was late afternoon and the sun was in such a place that it was shining uncomfortably through my closed eyelids.

I sighed again and sat up straight. I grabbed my phone and sunglasses off of the table beside me and got up. I was due to have a late lunch about now anyway.

I slipped my sandals on and headed off the beach, back towards the main building. Clad in just my bikini, I seemed to be turning a few heads along the beach as I walked.

I went through the virtually empty lobby to the front desk to make my reservations at the resorts main restaurant.

''Miss Reed, what can I do for you?'' the concierge asked. I suspected it was part of his job to know all of the guests by name considering that you had to be a 'somebody' to get a room here.

''I'd like a reservation in about twenty minutes at Eduardo's.'' I told him and he nodded.

''Of course, your table will be ready when you arrive.'' He said.

''Thank you.'' I said, smiling politely.

I walked through the beautifully kept gardens, along a stone path. The path led to the stairs going up to the floor that my room was on. It was a suite with an ocean view.

I went inside and to the closet where I had hung most of my clothes. I pulled out a yellow sundress and laid it out on my bed.

I washed my face and brushed my hair in the bathroom and then went out to put the dress on. I topped off the outfit with a yellow flower clipped into my dark brown hair.

I glanced at the clock. I would get back to the lobby with a few minutes to spare.

I took my time walking back to the lobby, taking in the image of the beautiful gardens around me. Being in the middle of all this beauty made me feel good, cleansed of everything I was looking to be free from by coming here.

As I had predicted, I got back to the lobby with time to spare.

When I walked in, I noticed a change in the lobby's occupancy. It had gone up. Now, instead of just the concierge and the few other hotel assistants, there were two boys and a bigger man who looked to be a security guard of some sort. The security guard didn't surprise me, this was a rather exclusive resort, but there was something about the boys, one of them in particular.

He was just under six feet tall, his muscular build hidden yet obvious under his baggy clothing. He was wearing a hat over his dirty blonde dreadlocks and a silver glint on the lower left side of his mouth hinted at a lip ring.

When he turned and looked quickly around the lobby, I was stunned by a pair of beautiful pair of brown eyes.

Even though I had just told Jessica that I would have nothing to do with the opposite sex on this trip, when that boy turned around, every muscle in the pit of my stomach tightened and I came to a new conclusion.

He was exactly what I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! This is my second Tokio Hotel fan-fic, first Tom Kaulitz fic, hope you like it!

Thanks for reading!