What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Sixteen

The path had come to a clearing in the trees. Center stage was a beautiful waterfall. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't a pond either. The water was crystal clear and a rainbow shimmered where the afternoon light hit the mist. Because the rock that the water was falling from jutted out, there was three feet between the water and the rock behind it. In that gap a shelf was created where the rock jutted out.

As we got closer, I slipped my shoes off and went for my belt.

''What are you doing?'' Tom asked as I slipped my pants off

''Going swimming.'' I said. ''Coming?''

''I didn't bring my bathing suit.'' He said.

''You think I did?'' I asked playfully.

I pulled my shirt off and was down to matching red bra and panties. Tom looked at me with hungry eyes.

''Hurry up.'' I said and he immediately started to strip.

I dove into the water and let myself float back to the top. From what I could see, the water was deep everywhere. Tom jumped in behind me, with a little more unorthodox landing and then swam over to where I was waiting at the edge of the natural pool.

''Hi.'' He said, putting one hand on either side of the edge beside me, pinning me against the side with his body.

''Hi.'' I replied and then he pushed his lips gently against mine.

I suddenly dropped into the water and out of his hold. I surfaced behind him and kissed his neck lightly.

''You're it.'' I laughed gently and then swam away.

We swam and chased each other –well, Tom chased me- for an immeasurable amount of time before we found ourselves sitting on the stone step behind the waterfall. Tom was sitting behind me, leaning against the big part of the rock, and I was between his legs. He was tracing shapes on my back while I simply watched the water go by.

''Katie?'' Tom said suddenly.

''Why do you call me that?'' I asked. I hadn't let anyone call me Katie since I was eight.

''It fits better.'' He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. I moved from between his legs to beside him so that I could see him properly.

''Fits what?'' I asked.

''You, you don't seem like a plain Kate to me.'' He said simply.

''And what do you know about me?'' I asked with a bit of a laugh. He sat up away from the wall so that his face was very close to mine and put a hand on my thigh.

''Quite a bit.'' He said and I raised one eyebrow quizzically.

''Like if do this,'' he brushed his fingers lightly over the skin on my upper inner thigh, sending an involuntary shiver through me.

''You do that.'' He finished with a smirk.

''And if I do this.'' He whispered, his lips brushing mine with each word.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and fastened my lips to his. I pushed him back so that we were lying down and I was on top of him. He pried my lips apart with his tongue and deepened the kiss. His hands had free reign of my body as we kissed.

Because the shelf was only about two feet wide, there wasn't a lot of room for movement. I figured that out the hard way.

I moved the wrong way and tumbled off of Tom into the water. It felt so cold after being against Tom's warm body for so long.

When I came back up, Tom was trying very hard to suppress his laughter. I was shivering slightly as I climbed back on to the edge.

''Shut up.'' I said, laughing a little myself.

The sun was getting low in the sky and it had cooled off a bit underneath the waterfall. I was still shivering a bit when Tom pulled me against him to warm me up.

''We should head back soon.'' He said. I knew he was right even though I didn't want to agree. I was perfectly content sitting here in Tom's arms.

''Yea, your brother probably thinks I killed you.'' I said and he laughed.

When I stopped shivering, we reluctantly left the waterfall and went back to the shore. We were both a little damp as we put our clothes on, but it didn't matter.

Tom held my hand again on the way back and this time, there was no internal argument. He had made a good point back there and it had put my conflict to rest. So we didn't know much about each other's personalities, but we did know what made each other tick.

When we got back to the resort the sun had just finished setting. We passed through the pool patio and saw Bill sitting at the bar. When he spotted Tom and me, he got up and walked towards us.

''There you are! Have a nice afternoon of sex?'' he asked, sounding quite tipsy.

''Shut up.'' Tom said, rolling his eyes.

''I'll see you later.'' I said. I turned to Tom and kissed him on the lips, lingering a second past friendly peck and then turned to leave. He stayed frozen in that spot for a second and Bill laughed.

''You so want her.'' Bill said and I laughed too as I walked away.

''Shut up!'' Tom replied and I continued to laugh.

Slightly drunk Bill was right though. Tom wanted me. But lucky for Tom, I wanted him too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who responded to my 'how many days' question last chapter, I actually went back and counted, alot of you were right though!

As per usual, thanks so much to my readers, subscribers, and/or comment-ers! I really appreciate it!