What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Twenty-nine

''Kate!'' my dad said happily as he embraced me.

''Hi daddy!'' I replied.

''I've missed you. How was your trip?'' he asked.

''It was great, I had a lot of fun.'' I told him honestly

''A lot of fun.'' Jessica mumbled behind me and I elbowed her.

''Come inside, dinner's just about to be put on the table.''

''Jessica! Good to see you again! I assume your flight was good?'' my dad said as we walked.

''It was great, thanks Phil.'' Jessica said and my dad chuckled. Jessica was the only person he let call him Phil.

We went into the dining room and Jessica and I marveled at the interior of the house as we passed through it. I'd never been here before and it was beautiful. I had a feeling we'd be here for a while.

We sat down at the table and as soon as my butt hit the chair, there was someone putting a plate in front of me.

''Thank you.'' I said as I picked up my fork.

''So how was the resort dear?'' my dad asked.

''It was so beautiful, they had the most amazing garden.'' I told him.

''And your room? I thought you'd like the ocean view.''

''It was great, thanks again dad.'' I said and then put some noodles in my mouth.

''So I've got an apartment all set for you girls. It's downtown because I know how you two like to be in the middle of things.'' He explained.

Jessica and I had been friends since kindergarten and attached at the hip through high school and my dad knew us pretty well by now.

''Sounds great Phil.'' Jessica said as she reached for her water glass.

''So getting back to your vacation, I heard that the resort was putting on some events a few nights. Did you do anything fun while you were there?'' my dad asked and the way he put emphasis on fun made Jessica choke a little on her water. I shot her a look that told her to keep her mouth shut.

''Well I-''

''Sir may I interrupt?'' someone said from the doorway to the hall. It was my dad's faithful assistant Arthur Jenkins.

''Jenkins how many times have I told you not to interrupt me in the middle of dinner? And it's my daughter's first night here, whatever it is can wait.'' My dad told him.

''Actually I think you should see this, it's kind of a big deal.'' Jenkins said, crossing the dining room towards my father.

He handed a magazine to my dad and it was my turn to choke.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''You did who!'' my manager Vince yelled.

''What?'' I asked.

Bill and I had just come in the door and already I was being yelled at. What a great way to be welcomed home.

''You can't keep it in your pants for five minutes?'' he asked as I dropped my bag.

''What are you talking about?'' I asked. Vince tossed a magazine to me.

My eyes went wide at first, but then I smirked. Spread across the front page was a picture of me and Kate kissing on the beach.

''So?'' I asked. It wasn't like it was the first time pictures of me and some girl had surfaced.

''Keep reading, it gets better.'' Vince said, putting one hand over his eyes.

I flipped open the magazine to the page where the full story was. It was two pages actually, and spread across them were six blown up pictures of me and Kate, kissing or otherwise touching. I didn't see the problem until I started to read.

' Kate Reed is in fact the daughter of Phillip Reed, owner of Hot Sounds Records, the current label under which Tom and the rest of Tokio Hotel are currently signed.'

She was who? I stared wide-eyed and unseeing at Vince.

''What is it?'' Bill asked, trying to read over my shoulder. He read and I heard him gasp.

''You fucked the label owner's daughter!'' Bill said loudly in my ear.

''I can't believe you did this. She's such a-''

''A daddy's girl I know, she told me.'' I interrupted.

''Then you'll also know that he's probably going to-''

''Kill me? Yea.'' I finished for him.

''Maybe this can just be smoothed over and he wont be too angry. Maybe she'll just tell him that it's not a big deal, that you weren't just using her for a vacation lay.'' Vince said, starting to pace.

''I wasn't just using her, I got to know her too.'' I defended.

''It's true, she hung out with us quite a bit.'' Bill added.

''Then maybe she'll tell him that you're all friends and he wont drop you from the label.'' Vince said.

''It shouldn't be too big of a deal, I mean, doesn't Mr. Reed live in England? She could always go with the 'I never though I'd see him again' bit.'' Georg said, finally joining the conversation after just standing there for five minutes.

''They moved. They live here now. Word has it that he got his daughter a fancy apartment down town.'' Vince told us.

It was so much to process, there were so many things wrong. We were never supposed to see each other again, just go on with our lives, and now I'd jeopardized the entire band. I'd gone and done something stupid that not only affected me, but my brother, friends, and all of our careers.

To top it all off, Kate had told me about what her father had tried to do to the last guy who hurt her, and I could only imagine what he'd do to me.

But all the same, when Vince had said that they had moved to Germany, I couldn't ignore the oddly happy feeling that seemed to ripple through me.

Bill slapped a hand on my shoulder.

''You're going to die.'' He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUNH DUNH DUNH! Haha, I wonder what will happen next.

Second post of the night! Thanks for reading!