What Happens Under The Sun

Thirty-two

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''You must be the luckiest guy alive. You spent two weeks screwing this guy's daughter and he still wants you.'' Vince said after hanging up the phone.

''So I'm not in trouble?'' I asked.

''No, but he thinks you need a chastity belt.'' He told me and I chuckled.

''What about Kate?'' I asked.

''What about her? You can't go to her if that's what you're thinking. You just slid by with making her your fuck buddy on your vacation, you can't push Reed any farther, he'll kill you!'' Vince said.

''Fine.'' I replied bitterly.

There was no doubt in my mind that Kate now knew who I was, where I was from, and where I lived. It made me wonder if she would want to see me, or if she never wanted to talk to me again because she never had any intention of letting us turn into anything other than friends with benefits.

Either way, I couldn't stop thinking about her. For the record, it was still totally beyond me as to why she affected me like she did.

''Now you boys have got music to write, chop chop.'' Vince said and then clapped his hands. I rolled my eyes.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

Our apartment was beautiful, huge, but beautiful still. The only thing that had been missing when we went there was our clothes. There was a note on the counter that said that our luggage would be here tomorrow and that we were to spend the night at my dad's.

I didn't really mind. My dad's place was nice and he even had people to cook for him, plus, I kind of wanted to do a little more research before I left his house.

Jessica and I spent the day shopping and dropped all of our new clothes off at our apartment before heading back to my dad's.

''I'm so glad we live across from that coffee place. I'll never use a coffee maker again.'' Jessica said and I laughed.

''Girls? Are you back yet?'' my dad called as he came in the door.

''Yea dad, we're in here.'' I replied and he came into the den.

''So what did you think of your apartment?'' he asked.

''It's beautiful, thanks so much Phil.'' Jessica piped up and I nodded in agreement.

''Yea, thanks for doing this for us dad.'' I added.

''Well, you've always been my little girl and Jessica may as well be my daughter for the time she spends here, so I figured, why not give them the best?'' he said and Jessica smiled widely.

''So does that mean I get a share of Kate's inheritance when you, you know.'' She whistled and ran her finger quickly across her throat. The three of us laughed.

Dinner was a lot less awkward that night, mostly because the business regarding my vacation had been ever so innocently swept under the rug. I wasn't going to bring it up and neither was my dad.

We spent a few hours after dinner in the den talking. My dad told me that he had been planning on having a party sometime soon for the label in honor of it's twenty year anniversary. I was rather delighted when he said that everyone on the label would be invited.

I know, I know, I was supposed to sever all ties with Tom after the vacation and never see him again, but that was when I thought we lived on different ends of the world.

Now though, there was a possibility that maybe, just maybe, he wanted to see me again too, that maybe we could carry on our friends with benefits relationship off of the island.
I mean, I'd never experienced anything like being with him in my life and even before I had known that we lived practically down the street from each other I'd been wishing that there was some way I could continue to be with him.

But there was also something, not as strong as my sexual desire but there all the same, that was holding me back.

When we had been on the island, we'd accepted the fact that we'd never see each other again and it didn't matter how well we got to know each other because it once we left, that'd be it for us. But now there was that looming possibility that if we got close now, it would turn into something more and I just wasn’t ready for that.

It had been nice to have someone to hold me close when I had known it was just a fling, but I wasn't ready for another huge commitment. I'd been hurt way too many times and I didn't think I could survive another huge let down. I wouldn't live through being hurt so bad again.

So I decided that I wouldn't let it get that far. I know, I told myself that at the resort too and it had evaporated into nothing, but I guess that was because I knew that I wasn't going to get hurt because I was only spending two weeks with him. But this time I would stick to it because this time was different, this time I could end up with my heart ripped in two again and I refused to let that happen.

So later that night when I snuck out of my room and down to my dad's study to get to his computer, I told myself it was purely out of lust-filled curiosity.

I flicked on the monitor and shook the mouse. My dad never shut his computer off. Looking over the room again to make sure no one was there, I opened up my dad's business files. I'd never really had anything to do with my dad's work, I didn't like the type of bands that he signed and I could care less that he knew so many famous people, so I really had no clue what I was looking for.

I opened a file called 'Bands' and I blanked. Who was I even looking for? I knew Tom's name but what in the hell was his band called? I really was a piece of work. Instead, I opened up a search box and typed in his name.

It took a few minutes but when the search was finished there was only one folder. It was titled Tokio Hotel –that must have been his band- and I opened it. The file that opened was a generic, boring basic band information file with everything my dad would need to keep in the know about them, including where each of the band members currently resided. That was what I was looking for.

I jotted Tom's address down on a piece of paper and put it in my pocket. Tomorrow, I might just pay a visit to Mr. Kaulitz.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the second of three posts that I will be making tonight before I leave for an entire week. When I come back though, I'll have updates by the truckload.

Thanks to all my faithful readers, subscribers, and/or comment-ers. I really appreciate it!