What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Thirty-three

''I know we haven't decided on how we're going to pick our rooms, but I really want this one.'' Jessica said, hanging on the doorframe of the room she wanted.

''Well considering your stuff's already in there, I don't think I get much say.'' I said and she laughed.

''I know, I was just trying to make you feel important.'' She said sweetly and then disappeared into her room.

I followed her in and sat down on what little of her bed was free of suitcases.

''I love this closet!'' she announced from the back of her walk in closet.

''I love these shoes!'' I replied, pulling a pair of black heels out of her bag.

''Not a chance.'' She said, racing out of her closet and taking them from me.

''Would you mind if I went out later?'' I asked when she disappeared into her closet again.

''No, it's not like I have you chained to the wall or something.'' She said.

''I know, I was just trying to make you feel important.'' I said with a smirk and she rolled her eyes playfully.

My dad had given me the number of his driver with the assurance that if we needed a ride, this guy would show up, no questions asked.

I left Jessica's room and went to the kitchen. I still had Tom's address in my pocket. I pulled it out and read it again. He lived in an apartment not too far from here, but it was still too far to walk. Besides, it was pushing October and it was quite cold.

It was just about noon and I decided that I would go after lunch. It was the middle of the week and I didn't know for sure if he would be home or not, but I may as well take the chance.

''Jess? You hungry?'' I called to her.

''You buying?'' she replied.

''Yea.'' I laughed.

''Then I'm starving!'' she said, coming out of her room.

''I figured as much.''

*~Tom's Point of View~*

I was jolted out of my peaceful sleep by the annoying buzzing sound of my alarm clock. I smacked around on my night table until the buzzing stopped. I wanted to go back to sleep, it was only eleven, but I couldn't. I had to go to the studio this afternoon to do something or other.

I rolled out of bed and adjusted my package inside my shorts that had ridden up considerably as I slept.

I walked lazily to the shower the bathroom and turned on the shower. I spent a good ten minutes just standing under the water, trying to wake myself up and by the time I was washed and got out, it was twelve. Oops.

I made something to eat and called Bill as I ate. I had five dollars that said he wasn't awake yet.

''Hello?'' he mumbled groggily.

''Get out of bed already.'' I said, my mouth half full of sandwich.

''Ja, ja, leave me alone.'' He muttered.

''Get up! We have stuff to do.'' I reminded him and he sighed angrily.

''Fine I'm up.'' he said sourly and then hung up.

I chuckled to myself and continued to eat my sandwich.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

''So where are you going this afternoon?'' Jessica asked completely out of the blue as we left the restaurant across the road from our building.

''Nowhere.'' I lied.

''Oh come on, you're going to have to give me a better excuse than that.''

''I'm going out.'' I said with a smile and she rolled her eyes. She was quiet for a minute and then she smiled wickedly.

''You're going to see him!'' she accused and I might have flinched away had it not been for the excitement in her voice.

''No.'' I lied.

''You totally are!'' she laughed. She sounded quite encouraging.

''Shh.'' I put my finger to my lips. ''You can't tell anyone, he doesn't even know I'm coming.''

''As long as you tell me all about it when you get back, I'll be just fine.'' Jessica said sweetly.

''Good then you wont mind me ditching you right now.'' I said and then flagged down a passing cab.

''I want good details.'' She said and I laughed.

I got into the cab, told him the address and I was off.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

I had to be at the studio at two and it was just about one. It wouldn’t take me that long to get there, but I had nothing else to do.

I put on a sweater, adjusted my hat in the mirror, grabbed my keys, and walked towards the door. I stopped when I realized that I hadn't asked Bill if he wanted a ride.

He only lived four doors down but I called him all the same.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

The cab pulled up to Tom's building and I handed the driver some money. I got out and headed for the door of the building. The doorman smiled and held the door for me when I got to him and I returned his smile.

I pulled the piece of paper with Tom's apartment number out of my pocket and read it again. He was on the sixth floor, apartment 603. I pushed the button for the elevator and the elevator to my left dinged immediately as the doors opened.

I went in and pushed the button for the sixth floor.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''Fine, you can get a cab later, I told you to wake up before.'' I said and I could practically hear Bill rolling his eyes.

''Ja ja, I have things to do, bye.'' He said and hung up on me.

I hung up, grabbed my keys and headed for the door again. I walked down the hall to the elevators and pushed the button. There were a grand total of three elevators and not one of them was on my floor.

My phone started to ring and I pulled it out of my pocket. It was Bill, he probably wanted a ride.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

Fourth floor, fifth floor, sixth floor. The elevator dinged and the doors opened.

I stepped out with every intention of walking up and down the hall until I found Tom's apartment, but that course of action proved unnecessary when I saw Tom standing two elevators over with his back to me.

He looked to be waiting for an elevator but he was talking on his phone so he must have missed the ding of my elevator.

As quietly as I could, I walked up behind him. I mustered up my best obsessed fan, valley girl, farthest-thing-from-my-own voice and-

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''Well it's not at my place, learn to keep track of your things.'' I told Bill who was missing one of his rings.

I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. I didn't know there was someone there, but all of a sudden someone spoke from behind me.

''Oh my god! Tom Kaulitz! Can I like have your autograph?'' she asked. It was one of the most annoying voices I had ever heard in my life and I immediately associated it with some ditzy girl with big boobs. Maybe this girl wouldn't be this bad I thought and smirked.

But that smirk was wiped from my face when I turned around to see a smirking-

''Kate?''
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's it! This is the final chapter that I'll be posting before I drop off the map for a week due to a vacation that I seriously need.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and/or commenting! I appreciate it and look forward to reading your comments and such when I get back!